Thread: Flash Player repeatedly freezes and crashes my computer

Flash Player repeatedly freezes and crashes my computer

I have recently downloaded and installed Adobe flash player on my computer. After that it was horrible state for me as my flash player repeatedly freezes my computer several times. After that I updated my flash player but still the problem is occurring. When I open certain web pages which showcases flash player it got freeze completely. After few seconds the computer crashed and got shut down. It was very annoying for me. Can anyone help me through this relevant topic?? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Re: Flash Player repeatedly freezes and crashes my computer

Can I know about your computer configuration?? After finding the configuration and searching I can give you proper information about it. So kindly give me a feedback. Thanks.

As per you requested these are the details of my computer:

• OS is Windows XP, Professional, v2002, service pack 3
    • Current Flash Player Version is WIN 11,1,102,55
    • Card name is NVIDIA GeForce 8500 GT
    • GeForce 8500 GT chip
    • nv4_disp.dll driver
    • 4210816 bytes is the size of the driver

rajni Guest

I think your video drivers are out of date and appear to be very old. I think you should update your drivers and see if it is working or not. If still it is not working then you should disable the hardware acceleration in your flash player and find if it helps. If the system is still crashing then update your flash player to 11 by keeping the hardware acceleration off. Hope it works for you.

I am too facing the same problem. I use both windows 7 and Mac OS 10.7 and have the latest version of flash player that the market have. My PC was loaded with Malware and rebooted my PC. It took 2 hrs to reboot my PC but still I have not found any problem for it. I updated my drivers and also disabled hardware acceleration but nothing has worked. What should I do?? Any help.

I haven’t found any solution still. I updated my drivers, applications, browsers to fix this issue but nothing has worked for me. I also installed the latest version of flash player but still my computer is crashing. It is very frustrating for me. I am planning to give my computer to repair. I think this will be the smart and better option for me now.

angry Re: Flash Player repeatedly freezes and crashes my computer

I am having the same problem. I have updated to the latest 11 and Yahoo Messenger crashes over and over then I get a window saying I need to update to the latest, well I have the latest. So I've reinstalled two times with no luck. Anybody know what is going on with update 11??

I also faced the same problem. I updated the latest version of Flash but still it is flashing, showcasing different shapes and colors and at last freezing. Any suggestions? I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling, but it hasn't helped me a bit.

Oh Gawd! I just spent the whole F'ing day dealing with my crabby laptop and I finally think I have it stable. I know this isn't what most tech people would recommend but when in doubt I just do a major system restore using a restore point about a week ago and then kind of look at which updates come up so I can pick and choose. I really use Mozilla exclusively and I find that when I ignore windows exploder's insistent whinings I tend to get issues. Anyway, I did the restore and then updated by hand picking through the IE updates to make sure nothing was attached I don't want. Then I went and cleaned out my cache, cleaned out my App Data Local Temp files which were clogged to high heaven yeah I'm lazy... and then I picked out more files and dug in the registry for a bit which is always great for the stress level, removing any old dead wood I could find like outdated anti-virus folders etc...I don't recommend registry weeding if you aren't familiar. Anyway so far so good and flash 11 seeeeeeems to be working after this grooming... You know, it could just be some weird "thing" and it's over now, I don't know, but something fixed itself. System restore is pretty safe at least I have done it a bunch of times when I've had some virus or weird download issues but read up on it before you do it okay, cuz I'd hate to have you muck up your computer...I always read first, go online, and ask people, read some more, and then just go for it, that's how you learn!

If the newest version is showing you the problem then you can go back to the previous version and wait for the next update to release if none of the solutions helps you.

eheheheheh Yeah, but that would be too logical wouldn't it! ehehehe sometimes I just can't leave it alone...totally good advice

Flash is a regular issue with many Pc if your system has a virus. In my system I had found continuous flash update message even doing it again and again. To fix it out, I had updated my current web browser version and removed all add-ons. System is really a safe method to fix your system from major issues. Some disabling Flash Player hardware acceleration does the trick. As this option is already available in many browsers.