Thread: Need to leave group chat without terminating the chat in skype

Need to leave group chat without terminating the chat in skype

I have a very confusing and messy problem with my skype’s group call function. I don’t know whether it’s a normal activity of a common problem. But I just know that am not liking this feature provided by skype. Whenever I and my friends have a group chat and if me or any of the one present in the group conversation wants to leave the chat, that person unintentionally terminates and disturbs the whole group chat without even knowing others. It’s like whenever I need to leave the chat I click on the Red button which is used to end the call. But after clicking the red button without my knowledge the whole conversation is closed and rest everyone involved in the chat are terminated from the group chat. Do anyone know how I can leave the chat without termination the whole chat.

Re: Need to leave group chat without terminating the chat in skype

Next time before trying out for a group chat in skype make sure that you and all the other members who are about to involved in the group chat has the same version of skype installed in their device or handset.
    I would suggest you and your friends who chat with you to install the skype version of 5.5.0.115 in order to make a non interruptive chat from next time. I too did the same thing, till now I never faced any problem while making a group chat.

You are wrong, upgrading the version is going to make any difference. After reading your post I did all the possible research by initializing and terminating the group chat with my friends. I will describe one of the possible scenarios:

• Suppose there are person A, B and C
    • Person A contacts person B through skype.
    • Then person A add other member C to the conversation
    • Then suppose A wants to leave the chat
    • A ends the call, leaving B and C in the group chat
    • At the same time B and C too are terminated from the chat

I just wanted to make the group chat continue and alive so that the rest two people B and C can continue the conversation and also if I want I can come back and rejoin the conversation. Is there any solution?

It makes no sense doing so. Actually the post mentioned above is not exactly a problem or issue it’s a common factor of any group chatting or conference calling.
    You need to use your common sense, there has to be someone as a host to initiate and terminate a group chat or call. In that case if the host leaves the ongoing chat in between the whole conversation is bound to be terminated. Just keep in mind from next time whoever invites or starts the conference chatting he/she must stay connected in the chat till the members decide or agree to terminate the chat intentionally. So better stop breaking your head in doing these impossible activities.

I am too using the skype version 5.5.0.115 and also my other friends are using the same version. but in my case host makes no use. No matter whoever starts the conversation, at the end the result is that whoever leaves the group affects the whole group chat? For example:

• Suppose I start a chat with one of my friend
    • So no doubt here I become the host
    • And now suppose my friend decides to add the other friend in the chat
    • Now we all three are involved in the group chat, later one of my friend decides to leave the chat.
    • After he ends the call the whole group chat is terminated.

Now here you can clearly see that I was the host and my other friend left the chat. Even though he was not the host how come the whole group conversation was terminated? I tried doing chat in several different ways but results are the same. Anyone have any idea about this problem?

Sounds too funny. In this case I would suggest you to better use the latest and the newest version of skype instead of having the older version like 5.5.0.115. You can download version 5.6 or also you can get a beta version. Heard that the beta version is having a great impact on almost all genuine skype users.

If you hear my situation I am sure either you will laugh or you will get confused. I am facing the same host problem but there is a weird think I have noticed while doing a group chat.
    Whenever I start a chat or a call and if someone else leaves the conversation the whole chat is terminated. But when the chat or the call is started by someone else other than me then the whole group chat will not be disconnected or terminated if anyone present the chat decides to leave the group conversation other than the host.
    I just mean to say that it only happens with me and not with anyone else who initiates the chat. There may be something wrong with my skype application.