Thread: Help with Yahoo! Why is a deleted contact still appearing as a contact?

Help with Yahoo! Why is a deleted contact still appearing as a contact?

Hi all,

I deleted a contact in my Yahoo contact list last year (on my laptop). However, whenever this person emails me, his emails show up on the "whats new" page as "1 unread email from contact".

He is definitely no longer on my contacts list, so can anyone tell me why it is possible that he still appears as one of my contacts?

Please note that I don't have this issue with any other deleted contacts, just this one, who happens to be my ex-boyfriend!

Can anyone help?

Thanks i advance!

Re: Help with Yahoo! Why is a deleted contact still appearing as a contact?

He is deleted from your laptop list and not from yahoo server. If you can login into your account in contact still you can see all your old contact. When you delete the any account from here directly then only it disappears. Just login to your account on yahoo and then click on contacts. Type the name of person in the search box and then delete it.

Thanks. I deleted him from my contacts last year. When I go into my contacts list he doesn't appear. BUT when i receive emails from him, he appears as a contact "1 unread email from contact"....

Why is this happening?

I am not sure about this but still i think it might because when you delete a contact from yahoo, it goes to deleted contact folder. You should even delete him from there also. See if it works. Open Yahoo Mail, click on contacts, here you will find Deleted Contacts.

Nothing in my deleted contacts folder. He is definitely not in my contacts list! I just don't understand his emails are still coming through as though he is a contact.

Any other ideas?

Well, if the deleted contacts are still appearing in yahoo then try to block it, this way you wont get any further emails from that contact, or it will be directly transferred in spam folder. To block a contact, follow the below method:

For Yahoo Classic:
    Go to "Options" (It is above your E-mail) >Click on "Mail Options">Click on "Blocked Addresses". Enter the address you want to block>Click on “Add Block”>Click on “Save”.

For New Yahoo Mail
    Go to "Options" >Click on "Mail Options">Click on "Spam". Enter the address you want to block>Click on “Add ”>Click on “Save Changes”.

Thanks. I know how to block a contact, however, I am very curious as to why his emails appear as being from a contact.

1. Why do my ex's emails still appear as from a contact when he is not on my contact list?
    2. Why do I only have this problem with his emails, and not the other contacts that I have deleted recently? Is there someway that he has done this? Am starting to become paranoid.

Thanks in advance.

It might be that your ex might have not deleted your account but they can't see your online presence, but they can still send you messages, thats why you are getting messages from him. If nothing else works then create a new email address and merge all the contacts except your ex's to it and this way he wont be having your email address and messaging or emailing you again.