Thread: GeoLocation is not working with Safari 5 and HTML 5

GeoLocation is not working with Safari 5 and HTML 5

Recently I have installed Safari 5.0 on my computer and I have found that HTML 5 GeoLocation is not working with it. Already I have reinstalled the browser on my laptop but it was not useful. Can you tell me how can I resolve the issue? Demo is seems to working fine with Firefox. Any help to fix the matter will be highly appreciated. Thanks a lot in advance.

Re: GeoLocation is not working with Safari 5 and HTML 5

After going through the issue of yours I recommend following solution which you can try to fix the matter of yours.
    • You have to launch System Preferences and go for Security and go for General tab.
    • After that click on gold padlock icon which is available at the bottom left so that you should make necessary changes.
    • Enter admin password if prompted.
    • Check that Disable Location Services is not selected and click on Reset Warnings.
    • Finally restart Safari.

I was facing the same issue which you have stated over here and managed to fix the issue by clearing PRAM. I have shutdown my Macbook which was running Lion. You should shutdown your computer, after that pressed and released power button. Finally pressed and held P, R, Option, and Command.
    I have continue holding all the 4 keys until and unless I get second startup chime sounds and after that released all the keys. This trick worked for me and I am hoping that it will be useful to you.

I am wondering that you should contact the technical support team and get the further help. Let me know if you have successfully resolved the issue after getting solution from the Apple technical support team.