Thread: Safari 5.0.5 fails to play video on apple website

Safari 5.0.5 fails to play video on apple website

I have a Macbook pro with Mac OSX 10.6.7 installed in it. I prefer the browsing from Safari of version 5.0.5. Now my problem is that I am unable to play video on this browser. And the strange thing is that it happens only on apple website. Rest all website works fine with respect to watching video. I can’t hear voices or audio but able to view the video. Is there any mistake committed by me?

Re: Safari 5.0.5 fails to play video on apple website

I have almost the same problem. Everything is the same; even I can’t see the video and only hear the audio. But there is a bit difference between the sources of problem, I have problem with tutorial section of the Apple website, and the other difference is I am using a different OS i.e. Mac OS of version 10.7.2 and my Safari version is 5.1.2. But I don’t think there is anything to do with the version of the OS and safari. The point is that the video are unable to play only in Apple website as we all know that the browser belongs to Apple itself. Then what’s making the browser to stop playing the video on Apple website.

I tried playing the video on other browsers and the results were positive. After facing the same problem of videos of apple site unable to play on safari I guessed out that there could be some problem with the browser, and I tried to visit the same website on some other browser (Google Chrome).
    Guess what the video played conveniently without any interruption and also the audio was perfect. On safari I get an error message “no plugin is available” whenever I visit apple website and try to play the video. Any help?

This is one of the most common issues with a common solution. I guess “Extension” is installed in your browser. Just try to disable DivX, apple website’s video are unable to play on DivX player whereas almost all the video on internet are played using this default player.
    So better disable the player whenever you go on to play any video in apple site.

So I have got the main and the most critical issue in my pc regarding the video playing error. The problem is that I can’t find any Extensions in my Safari browser. Now I doubt that whether Extension is installed in it or else it has hidden somewhere. Due to this I am unable to disable DivX.
    Even then for some assurance I switched off the extensions button but still no result. Even now I am facing the same problem and getting the same error message “no plugin is available”.

No chance of facing such problem. I am sure Extensions are installed and also present in your pc too. I was one amongst those who faced this problem but not now, because I exactly did the same what was told above. Now I can watch videos with the same normal audio which comes from the other sites too.
    But I don’t think yours is the same problem, it’s because we all had problem only with the audio of the video clips. The videos of apple website use to play smoothly but without an audio sound. But in your case as you mentioned that you are getting an error message which says that plugin is avaible. Dude look out for some other solution instead of breaking your head in disabling DivX which is also not being possible in your pc.

I not yet found the option of Extensions so no doubt of finding the DivX disabling option. Can any tell me how to reach out for the disabling option, please let me know the step to switch off the DivX.
    I am sure that it can sort out my problem because even most of my friends told me that there could be some problem with the browser setting but it never mattered for me, but now I sure this is what they were talking about.

It’s very simple to do so. Follow the steps as mentioned:

Open the Safari browser.
    Under safari go to Preferences
    Then Click Extensions
    Now over there disable DivX extensions if any.

After following these steps close the browser and then re start it. And now try to play those video again which were initially creating problem.