Thread: ‘NSPOSIXErrorDomain:1’ error after updating to Safari 5.1

‘NSPOSIXErrorDomain:1’ error after updating to Safari 5.1

After upgrading Safari 5.1 on my computer I am not able to login on any of the website. I am getting ‘Safari cannot open page’ error message as well as ‘NSPOSIXErrorDomain:1’. I need to use Firefox rather than that of any other browser. Any help will be highly appreciated. Thanks a lot in advance.

Re: ‘NSPOSIXErrorDomain:1’ error after updating to Safari 5.1

I was suffering from the same problem which you have stated over here. in Intego Virus Barrier 6. I got Undefined application behavior set to Deny Outgoing Connections. I simply changed it to Ask (Deny on Timeout) and after that allow Safari to search on the Port 80. After doing that the problem vanished.

Yes you are right Web threat protection should be disabled on Intego Virus Barrier 6. Web threat protection area is used for blocking some websites. It might be auto-blocked safari or your IP . also if you are having domains in list then you have to remove the same and again turn on the protection. While doing the same make sure that you are getting Ask or Deny on Timeout in privacy section. Double check the privacy section for the blocked IP. After that restart Safari on your system and see whether you can figure out the difference.

You should go for following solution.

You should navigate for Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration and delete following lines.

Note that before deleting the above mentioned lines you should backup it. if it is not working you should restore the same.
    com.apple.airport.preferences.plist
    NetworkInterfaces.plist
    preferences.plist
    com.apple.nat.plist
    Now you should restart the Safari.

It seems you are having Net Nanny Files. You have to delete the same from the below mentioned location.
    Code:
    /Library/Extensions
    /Library/LaunchDaemons
    /System/Library/Extensions
    /System/Library/LaunchDaemons
    I was wondering that it is having kind of parental control like there was proxy between web browsers and operating system itself.

I am suspecting that there was an issue with the update itself. I mean the issue could be happening because of bug issue and file a bug report to Apple. You should roll back to previous version of safari until and unless bug has been fixed by Apple.