Thread: Unable to watch YouTube video on Full Screen in Safari 5.0.2

Unable to watch YouTube video on Full Screen in Safari 5.0.2

This is really wired Every time I try to watch a YouTube video full screen on safari dock & the menu bar stay in the video screen.. I have an iMac 24 "2007 of whites with Snow Leopard (10.6.4), Safari version 5.0.2. . I tried with Firefox and Chrome and no problems. Any ideas?. I would be really glad if any on there can able to solve or explain what the issue is
    Thank you.

Re: Unable to watch YouTube video on Full Screen in Safari 5.0.2

I have some what the similar issue. but my problem is It may be that when i want to watch a video on YouTube in full screen, the video is not displayed. Instead, there is only a gray triangle and one white . this is really very frustrating can anyone here help me on this I would be really glad

I think this might help you
    • Right-click on the video when it is in normal format.
    • Click "Settings".
    • At the bottom of the window that appears, click the first tab, or the image is a screen with a red dot on it.
    • Uncheck "Enable hardware acceleration".
    • Click to close.

Put the video in full screen, it will be played without any problems.

I have a problem with Safari (5.0.2) on my iMac 27 "late model 2009 under 10.6.4. This problem does not play on my late 2008 MBP under 10.6.4, nor with Firefox on the same iMac or no other application (apparently). When I go on YouTube, dailymotion, vimeo, or any other service for displaying content in full screen by clicking a dedicated button, my menu bar remains visible. I mean the OS X menu bar, with apple, Safari, File, Edit ... on one side and the date, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth ... on the other. And, whatever I do.

I cannot find the setting in Safari preferences that handles that, so ... I do not understand where it comes from.

Thank you for your help in advance ...

Looks like the common problem and mine is from , as it is, since I did the latest update to my MBP 13 ", I have with SL, safari works for me horribly with YouTube, I load extremely slow and will not let me put in hd and not even let me put full screen . This is clearly a problem because in safari and in Firefox everything is as it should. Any suggestions or similar experiences?

Why don’t you people use Mozilla Firefox Or Chrome. The point is do not use Safari if it is not working with the video

Did you Tried to YouTube in HTML5?

I am having the similar issue , however it can't be for the reason that of flash because it's using HTML5. some and all YouTube videos freeze for a minute or else 2 upon loading, they are totally glitch, and then at last they will start to play. They won't go full screen or change sizes. It's awful.

Repaired it! Well, sort of It exactly is a HTML5 problem. I was joining somehow in YouTube’s html5 beta trial in my preference. By removing it, my player currently loads with flash and it works very well. So much for HTML5 being better... for the time being anyway. Kindly fix this somebody so we can at least put Flash to rest.

When I'm on YouTube or other video site, when I go full screen I have the control bar still in the display. It started just after reinstalling leopard. Up after he had been advised to reinstall his old driver java, but no real response had been made.Apparently the fault current is related to the black screen hardware acceleration, and there is a lot of response about this on the internet, but the bar is much rarer constant,

Thank you for any help

I had a lot of problems with YouTube for example. You should know that the flash plugin 10 is a big problem but Adobe has recently laid a patch (debug) which allowed me to solve some problem between safari and YouTube and if this is not helping then try to uninstall version 10 and reinstall version 9 stable. I hope this is not the safari issue