Thread: Sprint's Unlimited Data Smartphone Plan will come to an end?

question Sprint's Unlimited Data Smartphone Plan will come to an end?

I am really very disappointed since I have added the Sprint Services. I have the 4G device and I have given the amount of the $10 as a month premium charges of the Sprint to access the 4G network on my device. I am using the Galaxy S2 but I am not finding that these service is been rolling out to work in proper with the 4G network. The Sprint is going to upgrade the network to LTE from the 4g WiMax and I am thinking that the Sprint's Unlimited Data Smartphone Plan will be coming to an end soon. What do you think guys?

unsure Re: Sprint's Unlimited Data Smartphone Plan will come to an end?

I am using the Sprint on my mobile to access the 4G network. Now lets see whether the Sprint is going to do this or not? If they will close the unlimited plan on the Smartphone then I don’t think so that anyone would be more interested to join the Sprint again. Because many of the Sprint users who are unaware of this will move towards other services when they will get to know that the Sprint is closing the unlimited plan. I hardly know that the Sprint has let anyone out of the contract.

Re: Sprint's Unlimited Data Smartphone Plan will come to an end?

The Sprint will let the users out of the contract of the unlimited Plan. The main thing that I dislike about the Sprint is that they think that they are the king of the services and can do anything by making the changes even when the users are not happy. My thinking is that if they will remove this unlimited data Smartphone plan then they will be in loss because they are going to lose many of their customers.

sad Re: Sprint's Unlimited Data Smartphone Plan will come to an end?

I was knowing that someday Sprint will fall to this level. I wasn’t happy with the Sprint before nor i am now. That is the main reason why I have removed the Sprint services from the Internet because they make a lot of changes in their plans without informing their customers. Also I read somewhere that Sprint has told that the information about the cancellation of the unlimited data plan for the Smartphone should be given on the customer bill. Even you know that most of the Sprint customers don’t read the whole bill when it comes to our hand. We just look at the Amount and its due date. When I had a talk with the customer care of the Sprint then they told me that I should have read the information about this on the bill.

I think that the Sprint will dump the Unlimited data plan for the Smarthpones. The AT&T have also dumped their unlimited plan but they their main thing was that they allowed to access the unlimited plan for the customers who had the unlimited plan. Only the new customers will not get the unlimited plan. They have focused on the standard phone plan and the AT&T is one of the service which have the ability to bound their customers.

I wonder that the Sprint will let you out of the contract, but not always. I have seen customers speaking that some of them have been removed from the contract and some of them are not removed. I don’t know why the Sprint do such kind of the big faults to lose their customer. They always make some or the other changes but this annoys the customers because they are unaware of that and then they have to face the problem.

OMFG Re: Sprint's Unlimited Data Smartphone Plan will come to an end?

Sprint is making its network upgrade towards the LTE. The main reason behind dumping the unlimited plans for the smartphones will be the upgrade that will let the network to strain. Some of the customers of the Sprint who has the iPhone have started experiencing this too. The reason is that the Sprint has given the 10 MHz of the network spectrum in order for the 4G LTE. Sprint is going to expand its network through the LTE but it will lose more of its customers as it is dumping the unlimited plan...

Exclamation Re: Sprint's Unlimited Data Smartphone Plan will come to an end?

If the Sprint will dump the unlimited plan in the future then it would be gaining the importance and advantage but then it will have to lower down some of the price to attract the customers. The contract of the Sprint consist of the data plans and it would be very difficult for them to cope up with the customers if they do this without grandfathering their existing customers. I think the unlimited plan would be then available for the customer if the Sprint cope up their network with the Verizon.

question Re: Sprint's Unlimited Data Smartphone Plan will come to an end?

I am using the Sprint network services too and I think that the dumping of the unlimited plan will not be done soon because it would take time for Sprint to cope up their network with the LTE. Even after establishing the network with the LTE, if it shows the good network coverage then they will continue the unlimited plan. In fact more offers would be given to the customers in cheap rates to gain their position in top. The Sprint would be contracting the old 3G network to provide to some small carriers. And I don’t know why would the Sprint grandfather anybody?

Down Re: Sprint's Unlimited Data Smartphone Plan will come to an end?

The main reason with the mobile network broadband device services is that they do not come with the two year contract system. That is why they take the advantage of changing the terms and conditions of the plans and the customer can also leave this service If they don’t want the changed plan without the payment of the penalties. But if the Sprint will not grandfather their customers who are under the contract then this would be lead to the material breach of the contract which they have created. And even then the customer will be removed from the contract legally.

The Sprint may grandfather the customer in till he has the two years of the contract period remaining. Once the Contract period is over then the Sprint will impose the new Contract without the unlimited data Smartphone plan as the customer’s expiry date has gone. This is legal for them as they have mentioned in the Contract that the Sprint can make the changes whenever they want.

I have seen many of the customers were trying to fight for the mobile hotspot capping which was believed to have a contract of two years. But no results as there was written in the Contract that the Sprint can make the changes in the plan when it is required. I have the contract plan and it is clearly written in that.