Thread: Safari 4.1.3 keeps on crashing with Mac OX S 10.4.11

Safari 4.1.3 keeps on crashing with Mac OX S 10.4.11

I just bought the a MacBook pro with operating system 10.4.11. which has Safari 4.1.3, which has not working 3 times this week. I can't look as if to work out what the problem is. Any suggestions on how I can fix this little headache? I have looked everywhere but not able to get any solution to this ,I would be really appreciating this.

Re: Safari 4.1.3 keeps on crashing with Mac OX S 10.4.11

Is there a exacting web site that reason the crashing or a action that's going on while it occur? What I suggest is you , erase Safari from your drive, download a new copy and reinstall it Or delete the "/Library/InputManagers" as well as "~/Library/InputManagers" folders as well as watch if that repair things.

There isn't the particular site that look as if to be an problem. I had been having issue with CareerBuilder so I stop seeing to the site. I thinking on reinstalling Safari however the idea is that I will better test out first plus What is the /Library/InputManagers" and "~/Library/InputManagers" folders as I can't locate that on my laptop?

These is Library folder is at the root level on your hard drive. The InputManagers folder exist in in the Library folder. The ~ symbol refers to your main folder. This is the folder with the similar name as your login name that have your Documents as well as folder . There is one more Library folder in your Home folder and in this Library folder may be an InputManagers folder. Input Managers is the hack that can unintentionally affect the means a lot of of your apps run. Many program install input mangers with no notify users of the threat. Input Managers are the major reason of Safari crashes up until Mac OS X 10.6. While troubleshooting Safari, a well first step is to get rid of every items from the InputManagers folders.

if you not able to locate the InputManagers folder then go to Clear your pc font caches. You can look out of this with no trouble with a safe-boot, which does that with other organization tasks. reboot and hold down the Shift key unless you notice the little "swirl" icon show under the Apple logo. At the time you see the login window, hit the Restart key and this time do not press down the shift key.

Did as you said , I reset Safari although that look as if to give it fits and it stop responding . That’s why I go online to see if anybody else was have the similar setback. It take some time look as if I had other things that required to be repair although Safari is up running much better than it has been for a short time. Thank you for taking the time to help me

I am also having the a Safari problem that has just developed in the last few f weeks. Safari crash on other websites . I have try the quite a few recommended solution listed here and other places together with ApplicationsCache.db and Webpageicons.db removal and various history plist removal . The iMac in question is running OS10.4.11 and the latest Safari for that OS. The issue only occurs on this one account plus not the other account on the iMac. It is an Intel iMac. Actually after a Safari stop working, reopening will cause an ineffective attempt to open Google, which is the Home page. A Safari quit and revive gets a normal Safari open. Switching to Firefox is not an option and all software is up-to-date. Any help would be appreciated.

I install 4.1.3 6 days ago on my G4 MDD 1.25G SP on the 10.4.11, plus our elderly 1ghz G4 PowerBook also running Tiger. totally no problem so far. I don't do add-ons or hacks so I've never had an issue with Safari.

I was having no issue with 4.1.3 on my ibook G4, which is with the OS X 10.4.11 until I installed a tool bar by The FreeDictionary. That has ruined something in Safari so that I can't command-F look for half the pages , and URLS in latest tabbed windows don't reflect their real location.

When I start the safari 4.1.3 I just have on 10 seconds before it stop. I have tried to reset and empty cache. It's strange that while I make use of or log in all the way through another user safari works very well up to now anyways. i believe it might be a corrupted file and I should upgrade to a fresh OSX version. I will later can fix it and install a newer OSX version

Use another browser, like the Firefox or Chrome otherwise Opera. regrettably, even here you start running out of choice, because the fresh versions tend to need newer version of OS X and if using firefox then ox s 10.5

i'm running the similar OS on a G-4 iMac, with Click To Flash installed too. I began having the similar issue with frequent stoping a week or so ago. I tried several of the customary fixes, but lastly just did a re-install plus after 5 or 6 days things remain steady. I've been by means of Safari as my default browser as the day after Apple announce it, plus I will see that in that time I've complete a reinstall perhaps 4 or at most 5 times. it's extremely quick and simple , and all your bookmarks in addition to preferences are saved. You may want to give it a try plus see if it helps