Thread: FileZilla says connected to the FTP server ,but actually not

FileZilla says connected to the FTP server ,but actually not

hi guys I need help on this . I just tried to connect the FileZilla FTP server for the first time, I did everything as suggested entered id then password and hit the quick connected and it runs something on the on the background and one of that commend sais that connection failed , so I try again and now it showed already connected to FileZilla but when I proceed it just said again connection failed when I checked the lower right area to see what's on my ftp site . is there something that I probably doing wrong , I am using Windows XP . I would really glad if someone here can help me on this

Re: FileZilla says connected to the FTP server ,but actually not

I don’t know whether I am right or wrong but I think, there must be different between the "My Sites". I had the same problem on windows Xp where my site on the User Sit Manager, in the upper left corner said the NEW SITE but on windows 7 it showed as MeteorFTP. So I am guessing you having the same problem like me .

Ok this is what I suggest you to do Just go to the FTP test site . I don’t know the exact URL but you can found it in Google , do as it mention there on the site all the detail. Now if there will be any problem it will definitely display and if there is some error it displayed please do post that here or post if the test succeeded.

I think there is something I am missing in my XP machine that I presume is present in Windows 7. I mean I tested it on the windows 7 machine and it was working there correctly . my Xp machine has Belkin wireless card in relation to 3x2" long. It works fine for Google, Amazon, etc and now I plugged the computer into my LAN through an Ethernet cable. Similar effect. There is definitely something that I am missing just cant make out . can anyone here help me what is wrong here I would be really glad to know