Thread: How to use blogs in education

How to use blogs in education

Can you tell me that how can I use the blogs in education. I am just starting this thread to collect some ideas about this from the other people on this forums. So, if you have something to share on this then you are most welcome.

Re: How to use blogs in education

Blogs offer many possibilities for use in educational processes. For example, to encourage students to: write , exchange ideas, work in teams to design, visualize instantly of what they produce, and so on. Creating Blogs by students offers teachers the opportunity to perform processes requiring synthesis, because writing on the Internet should be timely and solve the issues they address.

Teachers can use blogs to reach out to students in new ways, without having to limit their interaction to the classroom only. For example, publishing materials immediately and allowing access to information or resources needed for classroom projects and activities, thus optimizing the time. It also offers students the opportunity to improve the academic content, enriching them with multimedia elements such as videos, sounds, images, animations. This allows any teacher or student, regardless of academic, resources and content to create educational topics without having to install applications or programming skills.

The collaborative works have been positioning itself as a good education. However, this methodology has the drawback of requiring almost always the confluence of the group in the same space. Blogs With this difficulty is overcome as they offer a virtual space, regardless of physical location in which they are, where they can be combined depending on the activity or class project: Blogs generated between teachers and students and Blogs created only by students. This allows the teacher acting as facilitator of learning, guide students constantly. In this regard, one can take advantage of the technologies associated with Web 2.0 content syndication or RSS.

Students can include in their Blogs the Blog RSS and teacher and continually updated with the latest entries posted for this. The same teacher can do with RSS Blogs of their students, so that as soon as one publishes an entry, you can access it from your blog. This makes it easier for teachers, monitoring and review of assignments that involve students in Blogs publication.

For a teacher or educational institution, blogs can become the tool to communicate with the entire educational community, free of charge. For example, keeping parents informed and / or guardians of new students or the institution. Another use is the digital student newspapers that can be posted on a blog, saving printing and distribution costs. Blogs also offer educational facilities to create, view, update and share with colleagues their own bank of class projects and activities.

The advantage of Wikis and blogs are that they are relatively easy to maintain. They are also often free, getting your own blog often costs no more than time than filling out a web form. They are therefore ideal for student-centered learning, the student because you easily could have taken responsibility. Students will often have experience with keeping a blog. The ability to easily create interrelationships and collaborative nature of these applications offers many opportunities in education.

Blogs can play a role in learning skills. These skills fall into three categories:
    1. Information literacy. It's always easier getting information over the Internet. It is becoming increasingly difficult to find accurate information regarding reliability, relevance and timeliness. Quality criteria that play a role apply to blogs such as date, source, etc. As students work with blogs, they can experience how to deal with information.
    2. Social skills such as debate, peer review, self-reflection, handling criticism, showing respect for others, independent thinking. These can be trained by working on and respond to blogs. Blogs give everyone equal opportunity, something in a classroom situation is not always the case.
    3. Reading and writing skills. Read, interpret and summarize is stimulated.

If a blog is used for teaching and learning environments are known as Edublog. They can be approached from different perspectives depending on which use by teachers or the students. Regardless of who uses it, it contributes to the personal formation of its users for the following reasons.

Here are some of the main benefits of this.
    • Education is no longer the preserve of teachers.
    • Students create their own knowledge.
    • Education is no longer focuses solely on the acquisition of knowledge, but in the continuous staff training.
    • Communication has become a fundamental aspect of the new teaching Internet.
    • He turns to value writing as a means of communication and knowledge.

The blog, "The teacher's corner", is based on four pillars:
    • COMMUNICATING: A two-way communication. Showing the family life in the classroom.
    • SHARE: Showing those most meaningful experiences that can contribute ideas to other teachers.
    • COLLABORATION: contributing ideas and suggestions to other professionals through comments and accepting challenges facing us with comments on the blog.
    • CREATE: editing the work of the classroom and encouraging children.

Blogs are very good to do study online. Teachers can post notes on the blog and students can upload or read the notes directly from there. This become very important at the time of exams when they have some query to get solve from teachers.

smile what i do after B.com??

hi,

i have done B.com in 2010 and done hardware & network course,
    i have also 2 years experience in H/W and N/W field ...
    i have good grief in accounts or in commerce

pls guide me for further study

Re: what i do after B.com??

Quote Originally Posted by Sagar Rana View Post
    hi,

i have done B.com in 2010 and done hardware & network course,
    i have also 2 years experience in H/W and N/W field ...
    i have good grief in accounts or in commerce
    You should have created a new topic instead of hijacking some other topic which isnt related to your subject. In any case, if you are Interested To do Master Degree Course, Then I will Suggest You Please Opt MBA after Completing your B.com Course. After B.com, MBA Is the best option for You, Since You are From Commerce Background, then MBA Finance Is best Field For You, So Please think about MBA Course.