Thread: How to remove the duplicate Contacts from iCloud

How to remove the duplicate Contacts from iCloud

Hi guys

Currently I actually have this issue OK i'm using iCloud to manage your contacts across multiple devices (i.e. iMac, Mac, iPad, iPod, iPhone). and that i discover that I have duplicates of all my contacts. If I have a contact list of fifty or less the simplest thanks to take away the duplicates is to travel to www.icloud.com/contacts and simply delete the duplicates. Future sync can correct the difficulty on all of your Lion OSX and/or iOS five devices. However I actually have contact list is larger than 50? And that I am extremely aggravated by this will anyone here facilitate me on this issue i'd be extremely be appreciating this thanks in advance

Re: How to remove the duplicate Contacts from iCloud

Even I actually have an equivalent issue . I bought a brand new iPhone. Setup a brand new iCloud and apple account. I exported all my contacts to a .vcf file and imported them into iCloud via the drop to browser approach. Everything worked fine with icloud displaying properly all my contacts. once I sync my iPhone with iCloud it shows all my contacts twice therefore rather than 837 contacts I actually have 1674 contacts on my iPhone although I solely have 837 on iCloud. If I disable contacts sync on the iPhone it deletes all the contacts. Please facilitate.

I had this issue too however was able to take away the duplicates without charge using Scrubly simply google this app and you'll grasp . i feel you'll be able to use this, it's terribly convenient hopes this can assist you

The iCloud account is that the one that will the sharing of all media therefore for your functions, i'd assume this may got to be off for contact syncing, different wise you'll get an equivalent information this account may be a shared one if you wish same information between other relations .The MobileMe one seems like a private account and is simply for you, therefore this may be where you sync contacts from. higher than assumes that the iCloud account is that the same as you iTunes Store Account

As so much as i do know i feel you are not syncing the info to each iCloud and to your pc via Wi-Fi, 'cause that may do it? however i'm undecided concerning this simply post back what you discover .

Setting up iCloud remains terribly difficult. i am still to a small degree confused. can strive kidding later. I simply bought a MacBook Air one week ago and was doing the new updates before she leaves for Florida. I actually have however to try to to any updates on my machine. i am somewhat of a techie pc photography person, however I actually have no plan how anyone who could be a "regular" pc user are able to setup up the iCloud. It's a lot of too confusing and complex for the regular user.

If you merge the duplicates, it'll sync back to iCloud properly. From your iCloud connected Mac:

• Address Book
    • Card
    • explore for Duplicates.

Then it'll raise if you wish to merge them.

you will have to be compelled to add contacts that weren't backed-up and recreate your cluster Lists once finishing this method
    1. Open Address Book on your pc choose all of your contacts Wait for some time
    2. Now Go to icloud.com/contacts see your contacts vanish if they are not previously gone the go out of Contacts and then go out of iCloud.
    3. Now Open Address Book on your pc .Enter Time Machine, choose adjoining date along the timeline whereby your contacts weren't in duplicate choose Applications on the left
    4. Just Open Address Book this is often the one you're seeing on the Time Machine and will display contacts. Choose all the contacts. Choose Restore, you will be asked if you wish to revive all contacts say yes. Exit Time Machine. Shut Address Book and Wait
    5. Now Go to icloud.com/contacts .Watch your contacts settle this point while not duplicates. go out of Contacts, Exit iCloud. Wait sometime Check your devices

Hope this helps

If this happened to me i'd simply visit the menu and use "check for duplicates." appears like plenty less effort to me. Why have to be compelled to all this method to make this little thing to happen

You're right...but Check for Duplicates did not work across all devices. Contacted Apple support and that they urged an equivalent factor and a couple of different tricks. No luck. The one I used higher than worked sort of a charm. The elongated "steps" makes its look more durable than it's. Most of the steps listed are simply a natural progression in an exceedingly method. I simply needed to color a transparent image.

You make a backup of the contacts before you migrated to iCloud? you'll delete all the contacts within the address book and then import the backup file. If you do not have that undecided what you'll do aside from delete them manually.