Thread: Unable to sent XML file attachment through Windows Live Mail

Unable to sent XML file attachment through Windows Live Mail

I am using Windows Live Mail. As I am trying to attach XML file into an email message this particular program is getting freezes. There is no issue when attaching other file attachments. Is there anyone tell me about what is wrong happening? Thanks a lot in advance.

Re: Unable to sent XML file attachment through Windows Live Mail

Mostly I am making use of Outlook 2010 for emailing. But in order to test the issue I installed WLM on my system and sent test email attaching a XML file. Luckily there was no issue. So I wondering that the issue could be happening because of corrupted file or the email account profile could be corrupted. The remedy is create new account and see whether it solved the issue.
    Make sure that you are zip the file before you attach and sent through the email.

You mentioned all the other file types are not having any issue. it is concerned to something which trying to protect the xml files. Could be an antivirus??? Or any option available in WLM preventing? I don’t think so the issue concerned with the account corruption. If it is concerned with the corruption of the account than the same issue should be happening with the all the attachment while sending the file. In order to check out the settings you will need to go for email service providers website for the instructions to setting up server.

I was suffering from the same issue and find out the solution that you should compress the xml file to .mxl and attach it to the email. After that you can send the file successfully.

You should double check settings of antivirus, firewall installed on the system. after that You should get the latest version of WLM and install it on your computer. After installing you should not forget to reboot the computer. also you can try with other email clients like Outlook Express.

After going through the issue the entire problem happening because of the bug issue. you should contact the developer and file a bug report to them. till now I could not say anything about the other solution to troubleshoot the issue stated over here.