Thread: Unable to connect Verizon wireless broadband aircard and Cisco VPN on windows 7

Unable to connect Verizon wireless broadband aircard and Cisco VPN on windows 7

Hello friends, i am having the problem with the VPN connection, it is that i am not able to connect and i am having the Verizon wireless broadband aircard and i have VPN of the cisco. I am trying to run it on the Windows 7 64 bit. So can you guys help and tell the method to do the connection, i think that i have done something wrong in the connection. So please help me. Thank you.

Re: Unable to connect Verizon wireless broadband aircard and Cisco VPN on windows 7

I think that it might be the problem of the Verizon which is having the default settings of the Verizon Access Manager Software which does not works properly with the Cisco VPN client.

Re: Unable to connect Verizon wireless broadband aircard and Cisco VPN on windows 7

I am having the proper solution to make it work for you, so you just need to follow the following steps.

• Go to the VZAccess Manager
    • In that you select the Options
    • In the Options you select the Preferences
    • When you click on the Preferences then a window will be displayed.
    • In that windows you select the Connect option which is there on the left side.
    • In that you will see WWAN connection type,
    • so in WWAN connection type change the NDIS Mode - Manually Connect to Modem Mode - Manually connect
    • After that you select on OK.

Now you connect to the Cisco VPN client.

The main problem is that the VPN Client is not been support by the WWAN Card interface on Windows 7, so you have to change the WWAN setting and you have to select the Modem Mode - Manually connect, when you will select that then you will be able to connect and also worked on it.

I ma having the same problem with the Dell Latitude e6510 and it is having the windows 7 Professional 32 bit, so i have tired but it has not worked for me, so can anyone help me with this laptop, it will be nice to give me the method to solve the problem.

I have the method, you have to try some other thing to work it on the laptop, so you better follow the following steps.

• You need install the VZAM completely,
    • Even you have to unistall the Dell Mobile Broadband Utility and the Qualcomm Gobi 2000.
    • When you are unistalling then you have to make sure that it is been no references to the WWAN card in device manager.
    • When you have done with the restart then you better do the restart the laptop and also rest the bios to the default.
    • When it is been done then install the R2750584 Driver for the 5620 wireless
    • Now you install the VZAM.
    • Now you can try it and it will work for you.

You better make sure that you do not install the Dell Mobile broadband utility again on the system.

I wanted to know more about the features of the VPN Client 5.0.07, and i wanted to know with the Windows 7 64 bit. I wanted to know about it so that i can add it on to the system, so can anyone tell me about the features will be grateful.

I have the features about the VPN Client 5.0.07 which is as follow:

• VPN Client 5.0.07 supports the Windows 7 64 bit.
    • It does not support WWAN devices (wireless data card) on Windows 7 (both 32 and 64 bit)
    • If oyu wanted to run on the Windows 7 then you use Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility client.
    • It also Supports Windows Vista 64 bit
    • Packet LZS compression for x64 VPN Client.

I have tried the method for my wireless broadband with the VPN client and it has worked for me, earlier i was trying it but it was not get the connection properly.