Thread: Logitech Scroll App v2.00 / v3.00 firefox add-on not working

Logitech Scroll App v2.00 / v3.00 firefox add-on not working

I am having really great time with the Logitech Scroll plug in which can be used as add on the Mozilla Firefox. As I am right click on the selected link to open the same into the new window. I am getting no address on the no address on the new webpage. When I disabled the Logitech Scroll add on the thing was started to work properly. Let me know if you are facing with the above mentioned issue? any help to fix the matter will be highly appreciated.

Re: Logitech Scroll App v2.00 / v3.00 firefox add-on not working

You can try the following steps to fix the matter.

You should close the Firefox if it is already opened.

Now browse to the Scroll App. It was installed at C:\Program Files\Logitech\Scroll App in my machine.

After that you have to browse for the Firefox extension content script and it will be under

C:\Program Files\Logitech\Scroll App/LogiSmoothFirefoxExt\chrome\content/overlay.js.

Now you have to launch that particular folder into the notepad and uncomment the below mentioned lines.

Code:
    /*
    gBrowser.tabContainer.addEventListener("TabOpen", function () { logismoothscrollext.onTabOpened(); }, false);
    gBrowser.tabContainer.addEventListener("TabMove", function () { logismoothscrollext.onTabMoved(); }, false);
    gBrowser.tabContainer.addEventListener("TabClose", function () { logismoothscrollext.onTabClosed(); }, false);
    gBrowser.tabContainer.addEventListener("TabSelect", function () { logismoothscrollext.onTabSelected(); }, false);
    */
    Now restart the browser.

I knew that there were lots of people who were getting the same issue. so I putting below some really easy steps to troubleshoot the issue.
    • Very first thing you should launch the Mozilla Firefox on the system if it is already closed.
    • Now click on Firefox menu button and go for Add-ons.
    • After that you have to look for the Extensions and go for Logitech Scroll App and click on Disable.
    • Finally click the close the button in order to close the dialog box.
    • Now restart the browser and let me know about the results.

What version of Firefox do you using? I would like to tell you that Logitech Scroll app is having support for the Firefox 6.0 and later. Check and confirm which version of Firefox you are using.

I was suffering from same issue. I tried with the disabling the add on but did not helped me at all. Could be something wrong with the Firefox??? Finally decided to uninstall the add on from the system and after that the thing begin to work properly. Also you can use an alternative for that.

Well I do agree lots of people are facing the same issue thus I concluded that there is bug issue. we have to draw the attention of Logitech people by filling the bug report to them. till the issue has been fixed by Logitech I would not use the above mentioned app by any mean.