Thread: After updating Mozilla Firefox to ver 9 yahoo messenger does not appear in yahoo mail

After updating Mozilla Firefox to ver 9 yahoo messenger does not appear in yahoo mail

In my computer I was using Mozilla Firefox version 8 and all the things were working fine. Now after that I have upgrade the browser to Mozilla Firefox 9 and then whenever I start the browser and open my yahoo mail at that time I am not getting yahoo chat. What should I do to solve this problem? Any help will be appreciated.

Re: After updating Mozilla Firefox to ver 9 yahoo messenger does not appear in yahoo mail

I have read your problem and I thin you are facing this problem because you have singed out of the chat. You have to make sure that you have not signed out of chat. If you have signed out of chat then sign in from your yahoo webmail and then you have to check whether it makes any difference or not.

Re: After updating Mozilla Firefox to ver 9 yahoo messenger does not appear in yahoo mail

Yes I will also suggest you the same you have to first open the Yahoo mail in your Mozilla Firefox browser and then you have to check on the top left corner of the page beside your name the online indicator is grayed out or it is turned orange (if you are using new yahoo interface) if it is grayed out then you have to click on that and then select available option and after doing that you have to check whether you are able to see yahoo messenger or not. if you are still facing the same problem then their might be something wrong with your browser.

If you need anymore help then let me know.

If you have are using yahoo messenger in your computer you have to check whether you have not signed in from messenger because if you are signed in from the messenger then you will not able to use the messenger from the yahoo webmail. First check this and if messenger is singed in then sing out first and then check what the result is.

You should open yahoo webmail in different browser and after opening the yahoo mail in different browser you have to check whether you are facing same problem or not. If you are not facing same problem then their might be problem with Mozilla Firefox browser and if you are facing same problem with other browser also then something else is causing this problem. This information will help you to identify exact problem.

I have gone the solution which you have provided and first I have made sure that messenger is signed out and it was not signed out. I am not using yahoo messenger in my system. When I have open yahoo mail in different browser at that time I didn’t get any issue and I am able to use yahoo messenger in that.

I have also tried to solve this problem by clearing the cache and cookies from the Mozilla Firefox browser and after that when I restart the browser at that time I get same problem.

You should first open control panel and then go to add and remove programs and after that you have to uninstall Mozilla Firefox browser from there. Now after uninstalling Mozilla Firefox browser from your computer you have to restart the computer and then you have to remove all the temporary files from your computer and after removing the temporary files from your computer you have to install Mozilla Firefox browser again and after installing the Mozilla Firefox browser again you have to check whether your problem get solved or not. I am suggesting you this solution because with other browse all the things are working properly.

Instead of reinstalling the Mozilla Firefox I will suggest you to try to solve this problem by making new profile in Firefox and removing the old profile and after making new profile you have to start Mozilla Firefox again and then check whether it makes any difference or not. I hope after trying this solution your problem will get solved.

There is a workaround highlighted in the post, that allows you to send the messages in tabs (like you do with emails). Before this issue, I was not aware that we were able to do so, and found that I prefer sending messages via tabs.

Here are the steps:

1) Sign in to Yahoo Mail as normal
    2) Go to Options - Messenger Options
    3) Switch the Conversation Window Management to 'Tab'
    4) Click okay.

If you are all right sending messages via tabs, there is no need to go further. After you have saved the options, the next time you log in to Messenger via Mail, the send messages via tab option will remain.

If, however, you prefer to send messages via the small IM window, you will need to also take the following steps:

5) Go back to messenger options and the Conversation management to 'Small Window'
    6) Click okay.

The downside is that you may have to repeat all six steps, each time you use Yahoo! Messenger via Mail, until a permanent solution is found.

I have been using the tabs since the error occurred, and have been having no difficulty at all.

Hope this helps.
    Last edited by brothasoul; 02-01-2012 at 02:51 PM.

I have uninstalled Mozilla Firefox browser from my system and after uninstalling the browser from my system I have restate the PC and then I have installed Mozilla Firefox browser again in my PC and after reinstalling the Mozilla Firefox browser in my PC all the problem get solved. Thank you for helping me.

ThumbsUp Re: After updating Mozilla Firefox to ver 9 yahoo messenger does not appear in yahoo mail

Quote Originally Posted by brothasoul View Post
    There is a workaround highlighted in the post, that allows you to send the messages in tabs (like you do with emails). Before this issue, I was not aware that we were able to do so, and found that I prefer sending messages via tabs.

Here are the steps:

1) Sign in to Yahoo Mail as normal
    2) Go to Options - Messenger Options
    3) Switch the Conversation Window Management to 'Tab'
    4) Click okay.

If you are all right sending messages via tabs, there is no need to go further. After you have saved the options, the next time you log in to Messenger via Mail, the send messages via tab option will remain.

If, however, you prefer to send messages via the small IM window, you will need to also take the following steps:

5) Go back to messenger options and the Conversation management to 'Small Window'
    6) Click okay.

The downside is that you may have to repeat all six steps, each time you use Yahoo! Messenger via Mail, until a permanent solution is found.

I have been using the tabs since the error occurred, and have been having no difficulty at all.

Hope this helps.
    Thank you this solved my problem!