Thread: unable to remove mp3tube search toolbar from navigation bar of Mozilla Firefox 6

unable to remove mp3tube search toolbar from navigation bar of Mozilla Firefox 6

I had installed mp3tube toolbar because it is a part of yahoo and I use yahoo and i have windows 7 operating system. It was working properly I was using it from last many days but from last week was not working properly so I deleted it but it’s still there and because of this I can’t use my Mozilla Firefox 6 it’s very much annoying me. Guys please give some suggestion how I can get rid of this problem?

re: unable to remove mp3tube search toolbar from navigation bar of Mozilla Firefox 6

Looking at the situation, I am suggesting following solution which you can try to fix the matter of yours.You should click on the Start button and go for Control Panel and click on Internet Option and look for the mp3tube references, if you have found that then you should remove from the computer of yours. you should delete program_files\mp3tube, <user>\music\mp3tube, and program_files\mozilla firefox\extensions\mp3tubetoolbar.com folder.

re: unable to remove mp3tube search toolbar from navigation bar of Mozilla Firefox 6

Second thing I wanted to tell you that remove pref entries. For that purpose you have to perform following steps.
    • You have to click on Firefox button and click on Help.
    • From there go for troubleshooting information and open the containing folder and after that open prefs.js and user.js.
    • In prefs.js you will have 3 entries for mp3tube which next of each other, you have to delete the same.
    • In user.js you will need to delete line like keyword.url with mp3tubetoolbar.com.
    • Once done you have to launch the Firefox on your computer and go for about:config and look for keyword.url. you have to right click on the same and click on Reset.

1. type in RUN %APPDATA%\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles

2. search for "prefs" & "user" (.js)

*open both files in notepad (or any text editor)

*search for keyword.url

you will find :
    user_pref("keyword.URL", "http://mp3tubetoolbarsearch.com/?prt=pinballtb02ff&Keywords=");

*replace with
    user_pref("keyword.URL", "http://www.google.com/search?ie=UTF-8&oe=utf-8&q=");

.....if step 1 & 2 still doesn't work,

* open firefox, in the address bar type about:config (enter)
    * in the search tab type keyword.url
    * right click->modify
    * change the value to http://www.google.com/search?ie=UTF-8&oe=utf-8&q=
    *OK

good luck^_^