Thread: Mozilla Firefox getting error message "can't find the server at ..."

Mozilla Firefox getting error message "can't find the server at ..."

i was using Firefox recently and there were no errors at the starting but i came to know yestreday that i frequently got the "Firefox can't find the server at ..." error message and when i click "refresh" it gets to the relevant website and this is seen in most cases. . i made some attempt to resolve the problem but it was not solved in my case. please assist me in this issue.

re: Mozilla Firefox getting error message "can't find the server at ..."

the first possible answer i should give is that you should deleted and then re allow Firefox through the firewall, and afterwards make an attempt to start in the safe mode. you can further try by clearing the cache, and make some additional entries though About:config, etc. i think these are the basic solution and you will get this problem solved as it was solved in my case.

according to me i should suppose that it may be due to security software (firewall) that blocks or restricts Firefox without informing you about that, and probably there will be detection of changes to the Firefox program. to state further , i would say to rather remove all rules for Firefox from the permissions list in the firewall and allow your firewall to ask again for permission so that it will get full unrestricted access to internet for Firefox.

i was pf the similar problem . make an attempt by making use of a public DNS name server in network settings of operating system .according to thsi , it will have a fix over both You Tube videos hitting error and your issue that the error is taking to its relevant site.

i solved my issues after having subsequent Firefox upgrades. i made a deactivation of add ons which were present and then it worked fine in my case.

i searched on the net and what i found was amazing. i found the latest version of Firefox, and i made a download of WATERFOX and its version is made for 64bit. It works fantastic in my case and there are no freezes, no page not found, and in total no troubles at all. This according to me Firefox has done right. and the problem didn't occurred for the next time.

try with this solution.
    i would like to say that DNS prefetching is been performed to solve the issue of domain names to IP addresses while loading web pages. If a page contains links, images, or other content which are from different domains, there will be multiple DNS requests at that time. There is a possibility that the DNS may break . To make DNS prefetching disabled , have a creation of a new boolean preference named network.dns. try by disabling the Prefetch which will be present in the about:config and set it to true. you will have your problem solved.

to state further, i would state some steps,
    1. press Enter after yiu have typed about:config in the address bar,.
    2. choose "New -> Boolean". in the Context click (right-click) preferences
    3. have a click on OK.after typing or else paste in the preference name network.dns.disablePrefetch
    4. choose the value as true and finally click OK.

Re: Mozilla Firefox getting error message "can't find the server at ..."

there was occurring of this problem frequently at the time of upgrading myself to 3.6 and upwards, and then all the way to 6.0. there are no problems with my old Netscape Navigator and there are also options present such as internet explorer and Google chrome. i would state further that the major difficulty with Firefox is its upgrades often cause the loss of previously functioning add-ons. case anyone help further.