Thread: Menubar/Bookmarks icons lost in firefox 9.

Menubar/Bookmarks icons lost in firefox 9.

i was previously using Mozilla Firefox 8.01 in windows 7 and then upgraded myself to version 9. it was running OK and there were no problems with the lagging and it used to run very smoothly but there were some problems when i had to bookmark the page. i came to notice that In my Bookmarks/submaps the urls had in version 8.01, icons. but in my upgraded version 9 the icons in the urls have gone. after having a restart , the problem didn't seemed to be resolved . i would like to know the solution . please assist me.

Re: Menubar/Bookmarks icons lost in firefox 9.

i founded some way out to resolve this problem.
    You can have a fix for these by following the steps under .
    1. in the location bar try to type about:config
    2. after this have a click on "I'll be careful, I promise"
    3. you will see a in the filter bar and there try by typing image.mem.decodeondraw
    4. finally have a double click on the entry that will approach you and tehn change its value.

i found some solution which will help in thsi issue after searching on net.
    in RUN dialog box try by typing "%appdata%\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles" after thsi open the "xxxx.default" folder

and you will be able to see "bookmarkbackups" folder . open it and your bookmarks will be present there. you are able to import the bookmarks again in the Firefox

thank you for the setting and i got it correct and there are icons appearing in the Firefox again. and i am now able to bookmark a page but it seems that it does not store the bookmark page. after going to the bookmark option its empty. i saw this problem for the first time. would you suggest some information regarding it.

i think your browser has gone corrupt due to the uncomplete installation and i think that you should make a complete reinstalltion of it and to the top thing replace the setup file of your Firefox and make a new download copy and then install. there will be chances that there are corrupt setup files in your way, after this make sure that you have the add ons running well.

i think if you are facing major problems with this browser and it is necessary for you to have bookmarks available then you should look out for various other browsers as they do function well and render a good service.

make all hidden files enable and then you should see
    1. C:/Documents and Settings/user name/Application Data/Mozilla/Firefox/profiles/z58ev2bl.default/bookmarksbackups
    2. and i can state here that you should try by Opening Firefox window and then to the Bookmarks >>Organize Bookmarks>>File>>Import>>From file and then in My computer in c drive , Documents and Settings>>User name>>Application Data>>Mozilla Firefox and then to profiles>>z58ev2bl.default and finally to bookmarkbackups
    3. have a replace of your “user name” with your desired username .
    4. choose recent saved bookmarks present in the list of bookmarks shown .