Thread: Is it possible to change language without downloading Firefox again?

Is it possible to change language without downloading Firefox again?

I am really fond of Mozilla Firefox and it is my default web browser on my system. But I want to know that how can i change Firefox language without downloading it again. I have looked everywhere but was not able to find any solution to this but I know it is possible, although I don’t have the method to do this, I would be very much glad if anyone here help me on this.
    Thanks in advance

re: Is it possible to change language without downloading Firefox again?

Even I have the same issue I need to work on the switch interface of Mozilla in German and English. I only found an extension that toggles the interface , but where to get the language packs? Read about the installation of English version and reason, and then this extension to switch between languages, but what about German? it is needed most. Tell me please how to solve the problem.

I hope this might help
    • Go to tools
    • Options
    • Content

And in the end there is an option to change the language hope this help

you can also go to the address, by clicking here and choose your version of Firefox then your system Linux, Mac, Windows, and then go into the xpi file to recover the language files you want. Once in the directory language files, download the language you want, I suggest you right-click the file and "save as" recall the moment we are still in English , so, save the files you want on your hard drive, and then in your browser

1. File
    2. Open File
    3. Select All Files
    4. then the xpi file

The file is installed Once the file is installed in the address bar of your browser type the following address: about: config, this address gives you access to all of Firefox's configuration . now In the Filter, type 'general.useragent.locale then change the value by double click on the line, with en for the language file" fr.xpi "or en-GB for file-GB.xpi. hope this will help you

Thank you for this solution!

For if it is not easy to find, your reply is very clear to me. I hope that Mozilla will make an effort to make this easier in next release . hey but Before applying, I need to know if it will affect all users of the PC or just my windows session? Thank you for telling me, because for me, the goal is not to annoy other users who wish to retain their language installation.

Again thank you to you.

I followed the manip but it only works for the first search, then it's off again in English S

Does anyone have a solution?
    I'm on Mac OS X 10.6.7

Thank you in advance

I wonder if it is possible to change the language of my browser, Mozilla Firefox in this case because it is in English, and I would like to pass it in French. If not, what should I do with the installation file for linux mozilla, which is in french, but I do not know what to do? Thank you any help

Hello! Please tell me how to change language in Firefox_Portable_3.0.3_en-us.paf? I downloaded this file, because like a portable version. In Firefox, just an amateur, because using the Opera

Install Firefox Portable on your portable drive .Start Firefox Install the extension to change location To do this on this link to go to their site extensions, and then there is the green button Add to Firefox Add to Firefox confirm your consent to the installation, wait until the end of the answer and agreeing to restart Firefox - this is standard procedure for all extensions . Install language pack method File and open Now installing the package should go to the menu Tools , Languages and put the box there for the language you want Restart Firefox

• Installing the national language as an extension. To do this, go to the menu File , select the item Open File and select the pop-up window, the downloaded xpi-file.
    • Set the extension Locale Switcher click here.
    • Restart Firefox.] Switch the language using the menu item Tools → Languages».
    • Restart Firefox.

Hope this will help

What I suggest is you should download plus install both versions initial, after that you be able to make use of the following add-on to change between those two version of Firefox

Quick Locale Switcher

I hope this assist you