Thread: What is the "poke" feature on facebook

What is the "poke" feature on facebook

anyone know what is poke option there in facebook? i see that option but dont know the usage of it. i dont know how its use and what is the impact of poke or why to use poke? i poke many time but dont know what happend in poke. so please clear my doubt abou this poke option in facebook.

re: What is the "poke" feature on facebook

dont know much about poke but i can just say that, i use poke to just go back in someones contact and to memorize someone about you. there are lots of old friends are there but cant able to talk with them, so i just poke once to tell them that there is someone who remember you. this is the only reason i do poke to anyone.

yes poke feature use for many things, like if you want to say hello to some one, than just poke them and that person receive the poke message and if he or she also want to say hi or hello than he/she just repoke you. this way poke works and this is the use of poke feature.

is it possible to repoke if i get the poke of someone? because i dont know much about poke so there are lots of poke i get. and some of them are good person to whom i want to poke again and need to remove some poke. so is iy possible to remove those poke alerts from the facebook homepage? and if yes than how? and to whom i can poke, to just friends or to anyone i want to.

yes you can choose the person to whom you want to poke back and you can also delete the poke alerts which you want to delete. just click on remove which poke you want to remove. but its never means that you cant poke them back, you can poke them back even after you remove poke alert. and you can poke to your friend, your friends friends or any who is in shared network.

Poke is just a waste of time nothing else. if you really want to talk to anyone than just directly message him, why you need to poke him. and poke alert is in too small panel, which we never even see it. so as per me never use poke before sometime many people just get irritated by this poking system, because they get lots of poke sometime.