Thread: Why Google Chrome 17 on startup reopen the last tabs

Why Google Chrome 17 on startup reopen the last tabs

Recently I have upgrade my System with the latest Google Chrome 17, so I have seen that this is the good browser there are many of the good changes I have seen in this Browser. But however there is some issue I have with this Google Chrome 17 is that whenever I start this Browser, it reopens the last visited page in the last Tab. So most of the time I have seen this thing in this Browser, so is it normal or this is the error. So if you guys have any of the solution or the suggestion then please let me know. Any of the reply will be appreciated.

Re: Why Google Chrome 17 on startup reopen the last tabs

I think this is due to some of the changes done in the default setting for this Browser, I have not tried this but may it will works for you, So for that you just have to go for the ‘Options’ and then to the ‘Basics setting’ and there you will find the setting of the ‘On startup’ so make the changes over there. May by this you will resolve this issue of the Google Chrome 17.

Even I have also install this latest Google Chrome 17, in my system and still I have not seen this kind of the issue or the bugs, there in my Browser whatever I have seen for this browser is quite good and the best. There still not a single issue I have seen in this Google Chrome. So I think that there may be the installation issue, because during the installation some of the file have been corrupted or loses. So for that you just have to make the reinstallation of this Google Chrome 17 again. And after the reinstallation you just restart the system, may the reinstallation of these Browser will fix this issue.

I have an alternate solution for this may it will work to resolve this issue. So for that just make the changes for the url for the Home page by the one you wish to keep for the Startup page.

So the next time when you open the browser the default url that you have set there at the Home page will reopen, in-spite for the last Tab.

Rajni Guest

May be this is the bugs in this Google Chrome v17.0.936.2. Because according to my information I have seen these bugs with most of the user, so I think this is the bug and have to be fixed in the upcoming version or the Patch for this version of Google Chrome 17. Or you can try the alternate method to resolve this bugs is that you have to reset this application by removing the "%userprofile%\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data".

This thing is mostly depends on the OS that are used to run this chrome, because if you are using the MS windows then there are the chances for the Folder to be there. And make the verification for the AppData if it is the hidden folder, then you have to make that folder to be enables. That means to say if the AppData is hidden, then make it enables and reboot the browser.

There is the alternate solution for this issue, so for that you just have to make the changes in the default setting of the browser.
    There is the need for the making the changes in url for the Home page.
    I think the page that open on the chrome startup is due to the url , that you have set as the Home page.