Thread: Need to find "user data" folder for enabling "profiles" in Google Chrome 16

Need to find "user data" folder for enabling "profiles" in Google Chrome 16

I used Google Chrome 16 web browser in my windows 7. Now i want to build separate profile inside Google chrome. WHne i read few articles about this issue, i found that "user data" folder of chrome works to perform this task. Then i try to look this folder inside the Google chrome folder but can't find anything. Is there anyone knows more about this folder and making separate profile of the chrome?? If yes, please share your knowledge here. Thanks for any help.

Re: Need to find "user data" folder for enabling "profiles" in Google Chrome 16

In most of the windows based system, normally this folder contains inside "C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\Local Settings\Application Data\Google\Chrome\User Data". You can use it and check this locations. I hope that you found such folder if browser works properly.

You can also use the help of run window. In this process, just click on Start->Run option. Then type "%LOCALAPPDATA%" and press enter. It show you the windows Explorer box. Then go to Google->Chrome->User Data. That's it. YOu can easily find such folder on your Windows system. One thing sure that it will not work on Mac or linux system.

Quote Originally Posted by CamilleT View Post
    You can also use the help of run window. In this process, just click on Start->Run option. Then type "%LOCALAPPDATA%" and press enter. It show you the windows Explorer box. Then go to Google->Chrome->User Data. That's it. YOu can easily find such folder on your Windows system. One thing sure that it will not work on Mac or linux system.
    There is no distinction between users and profiles. Hence i would be say that just try to perform making seperate user profile on your google chrome. this is well for solving your problem. Use any alternative way like mentioned in below:
    • Select Options menu in your browser.
    • Then choose Personal Stuff.
    • GO to “Users” option.
    • Select Add new user option.
    • That's it.

I also faced similar type of problem. Then i clear cache memory of the browser. Then, i doesn't get proper result. Then i shift from this browser, to the new Google Chrome 17. It works and in result i found that the problem is being solved with the help of such helpful process. You can also try to install Google chrome 17 on your system, if you missing something with chrome 16.

Quote Originally Posted by Suigetsu View Post
    I also faced similar type of problem. Then i clear cache memory of the browser. Then, i doesn't get proper result. Then i shift from this browser, to the new Google Chrome 17. It works and in result i found that the problem is being solved with the help of such helpful process. You can also try to install Google chrome 17 on your system, if you missing something with chrome 16.
    Instead of doing this process there is simple process to get the previous version. Use it when you found that there is no such kind of folder on your system. Also use it when the current browser not able to make the separate profile. For getting previous version, right click on the "Bookmarks" file and click properties. THen choose "Previous Versions" option. After selecting it you got the previous chrome version via online way. THis is so simple. It easily install previous version on your in windows or any other OS.

Quote Originally Posted by Chopfyt View Post
    Instead of doing this process there is simple process to get the previous version. Use it when you found that there is no such kind of folder on your system. Also use it when the current browser not able to make the separate profile. For getting previous version, right click on the "Bookmarks" file and click properties. THen choose "Previous Versions" option. After selecting it you got the previous chrome version via online way. THis is so simple. It easily install previous version on your in windows or any other OS.
    Thanks for the reply. That's too bad. I think its best to get the same kind of multiple profile on previous Google chrome 15 web browser. I try this and hope that chrome 15 allows me to do this task.