Thread: Getting BLANK New Tab Page in Google Chrome 16

Getting BLANK New Tab Page in Google Chrome 16

I used Google Chrome 16 web browser in last one week and now i am getting problem on it. WHen i try to open new tab in Google chrome 16, I receive "About:Blank" message. I need to avoid such kind of options. Can anyone have already perform such process?? IF yes, please share your valuable experience here. Thanks for any type of suggestions.

Re: Getting BLANK New Tab Page in Google Chrome 16

If you receive such black nmew tab page problem, apply below process.
    • GO to Start->Run window.
    • Type "%LocalAPPDATA%" on it and press enter.
    • It show you windows Explorer with this localappdata folder.
    • Go to Google-> Chrome folder.
    • Right click on User DATA folder and select Delete option.
    • Finally click Ok on dialog box.
    • That's it.

Your new page tabe should now work.

It might be possible that the virus or other malware makes such bug. You found it on your smartphone. In that situations scanning with antivirus helpful to fix it. This is well for you to your problem. I used it on my system and hence i recommend to you for apply it on your system.

Quote Originally Posted by Deverell View Post
    It might be possible that the virus or other malware may use some known bug of that version. Hence you found such kind of mistakes on it. In that situations upgrading the browser would be also work to fix it. Before applying this process, just try to perform scanning with antivirus task on it. This is well for you to your problem.
    Before doing any complex task on it, i would recommend to try to open it in the safe mode. Do this task and check its result. This is well for you to fix your problem. safe mode avoid to run the unnecessary programs of the system. check what things happen on your system if you run this chrome with the safe mode. Hope this time result is better.

You need to remove add .txt file for fixing this problem. It presents in Google\Chrome\User Data\Default folder. DO this and check its result. I hope that you got this file and then right click on it. Select the Remove or Delete option. Click on Yes button to confirm delete task. It works to run the google chrome in proper manner.

It can also possible that the temporary data of the web browser, makes such issue. Hence i would be suggest to you for use clear cache option on this browser. DO this task and check its result. After finishing this cache memory clear option, relaunch your browser. It works and in response, you got some interesting result on it.

I can say that use chrome://bookmarks to open Chrome's bookmarks manager in the new tab page. It works to manage all the setting related to this bookmark and the new tab of the google chrome 16 browser. It will be work to avoid any kind of troubles that comes up while loading url on new tab. Browser Setting set to default stage may also work in this situations. Apply it using default functions of the chrome.

Currently, use --new-tab-page command in this goolge chrome. USe it for fixing the new tab problem in your web browser. This is well for you. For more information related to this command access browser manual.

Quote Originally Posted by AliyaK View Post
    Currently, use --new-tab-page command in this goolge chrome. USe it for fixing the new tab problem in your web browser. This is well for you. For more information related to this command access browser manual.
    Instead of clicking on the new tab button click on that bookmark to start a new tab. This is also an optional way to do the same task in proper way. Try this in your Google Chrome 16. SOme browser might not open such bookmark on the new tab. Hence check its result. Whether bookmark open in new tab or in existing tab. This is well for you.

ALso "Show Blank Page" extension option presents in this browser. YOu can try it. go to Wrench->Options and set Home Page to "Use the New Tab page". ALso use it for set the show blank page extensions. I hope that after using such option you can receive the best result on your browlser. Then you can easily access new tab page.

Quote Originally Posted by PhoebeM View Post
    ALso "Show Blank Page" extension option presents in this browser. YOu can try it. go to Wrench->Options and set Home Page to "Use the New Tab page". ALso use it for set the show blank page extensions. I hope that after using such option you can receive the best result on your browser. Then you can easily access new tab page.
    thanks for such valuable result. It really workful for me to fix the complex problem. I also read similar kind of problem on my browser manual. Help menu works to provide the browser manual. anyone who faced problem can also use it for more information's.