Thread: cheap web hosting vs dedicated server

cheap web hosting vs dedicated server

My question is that what is the difference between the cheap web hosting and the dedicated server. As I am looking for the answer to this. If anyone knowing about this then just let me know as it would be helpful for me.

Re: cheap web hosting vs dedicated server

According to my knowledge there is a huge difference between the cheap web hosting and the dedicated server. And the term itself defines the answers for it. The cost of the dedicated server is more than the cheap web hosting.

Even I want to know what are the difference between the web hosting & the dedicated server as I don’t have the proper knowledge for this and providing the difference will help to get some additional knowledge for this.

when you compare the dedicated server with the web hosting then I would tell you the price for the dedicated server is far more high then the web hosting. And when you buy the dedicated server it defines that you have own the computer in which you can do what you want and also customize the server according to your needs. You can hold the controls and give to those whom you want to assign. The dedicated server are used for the large websites that needs to store a large resources and at that time dedicated server are used.

I want to know what is the web hosting and how it differs from the dedicated server.

Web hosting are the servers are the servers which host with more than 100 website. and generally it is used for the website which are not popularly known and for this they used the shared server to host the website. and they don’t use the more bandwidth and space as the load for this website are very low and can be handled from the shared servers .

The dedicated server are used by the website which have more bandwidth and used more for which they require special server. And the price of the server is also too high as compared to the shared server. the hard disk capacity is also more. While shared server host the websites which don’t need more bandwidth and space use the shared servers and the price of this are also much less then the dedicated server.

mamatha1 Guest

When we look after for the cheap web hosting,basically we will prepfer shared hosting,because in reality shared hosting offers quite a lot.we can share the same server with many other users.and also it is haveing good advatages.
    Some storage space – though the exact amount varies, you can get from 50-100MB to 5GB or more.
    Free application installers
    Dedicated servers are the Mercedes in web hosting and if you can afford a dedicated server, it has many advantages,
    we can choose the operating system and the other applications.
    Usually we have times more bandwidth than with shared hosting.

cheap web hosting offers affordable price unlike dedicated servers. but dedicated servers are good for you if you wanted to have your site exclusive space for bandwidth, etc, especially if your site receives a good amount of traffic you will be sure that downtime is less experienced (or never at all) , but dedicated servers cost more.
    Semper Fidelis

rahulchauhan Guest

Cheap Web hosting
    They are a piece of dedicated servers having websites more than 100's in one dedicated piece. Due to large number of websites on one ip ,peoples sites have problems in ranking in google,(due to many factors).So peoples prefer to buy one dedicated server for their single website to perform better.
    Dedicated server
    It is a computer (remotely accesible) given to you ,where you can put your website and you have all controls on that computer.You have options for ram,harddisk,processor.So that your site remains fast and responsive all the time unlike cheap hosting
    I am hoping now you understood the difference between both hosings

cheap web hosting is a good place to have your small site started. for me, it is good depending on your site needs. if it is for personal use, or personal site that doesn't require huge amount of bandwidth, then I could say cheap web hosting is good. my sister is currently into a cheap hosting for her personal site (or I could say blog) that will showcase her list oi favorite poems, and she told me that aside from being affordable, it's also nice.

She also told me that if the time comes that she needed to place LOTS of videos and photos, maybe she'll switch to a VPS server or dedicated server.
    Semper Fidelis

Quote Originally Posted by Chimaera View Post
    cheap web hosting is a good place to have your small site started. for me, it is good depending on your site needs. if it is for personal use, or personal site that doesn't require huge amount of bandwidth, then I could say cheap web hosting is good. my sister is currently into a cheap hosting for her personal site (or I could say blog) that will showcase her list oi favorite poems, and she told me that aside from being affordable, it's also nice.

She also told me that if the time comes that she needed to place LOTS of videos and photos, maybe she'll switch to a VPS server or dedicated server.
    my sister has gone to have her hosting with bluehost. she gave me this link in which she found out info about BlueHost: well when I see this list, I think the companies there are good, though I think I have to read more of reviews about them.
    Semper Fidelis