Thread: Avast Script shield is not working with Firefox 8.0

Avast Script shield is not working with Firefox 8.0

I am using Firefox/8.0 and I am having Avast v.6.0.1397 actually I have updated the avast recently and the problem I have started facing now is that Script Shield is logging only when I am using internet explorer but then no script is scanned/logged when I use the Firefox. Is there anyone who has an idea about it and can help me out as well? Any suggestion regarding the same will be appreciated.

re: Avast Script shield is not working with Firefox 8.0

I am using Firefox/8.0 and I am having Avast v.6.0.1397 actually I have updated the avast recently and the problem I have started facing now is that Script Shield is logging only when I am using internet explorer but then no script is scanned/logged when I use the Firefox. Is there anyone who has an idea about it and can help me out as well? Any suggestion regarding the same will be appreciated.
    Even I was having the same problem before but then it was solved by the below method:
    • First download the latest version of the avast.
    • After that just uninstall the avast using a uninstall tool.
    • After that reboot your system and then delete the left over files of the avast in your system.
    • Reinstall the latest version of the avast again.

Just try it out and see if the problem is solved or not. I think that the problem should be solved by this. Best of luck.

Just to help you:
    You can download the latest version of the avast from here.
    You can get the uninstall tool from here.

I just wanted to share that I have tried the following process by now:
    • Tried rebooting in the safe mode.
    • Have used the UN-installer to remove avast.
    • I have cleaned the registry.
    • I have installed the latest version of avast and have registered it as well.

But then I don’t think that they are making any difference and I am having the same problem and I am still having the same problem. Is there any other thing that I can try out??? Any further help regarding the same will be appreciated.

I am having the following:
    • Windows XP Home Edition, version 2002, service pack 3
    • Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1; rv:8.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/8.0
    • Avast v.6.0.1397

I am facing the same problem, I have found that the Real-Time Shields / Script Shield panel is not showing anything related to the logged/scanned and I am not getting any error as such to track out the cause for it. I am not facing the same problem with the internet explorer and it is also showing logged/scanned as well. Is there anyone who has found a solution for the same??

I don’t know how come you both are facing this problem because even I have installed the Firefox 8.0 recently and I am using the Avast v.6.0.1397 but then I am not facing any such problem that you are talking about, I mean that I able to visit the site that allow java script and I am also able to see the activity in Avast Real Time Shields | Script Shield presentation. Without any problem, I will suggest you to try out UN-installing both avast and Firefox and then reinstall it again and then see if it is making any difference or not.

I think that you might be lucky that it is working out for you and I have already tried to uninstall and reinstall both of them several times but then it is just not helping me out, just to explain you in detail in my case when I am visiting a site that generates script then I am able to get 15 scripts scanned in internet explorer 8 whereas if I visit the same site with the Firefox 8.0 then the activity stays at 15 but then I don’t see any kind of scripts scanned

I have found that this problem is only with the xp as I have found a no of people having this problem of Script shield and almost everyone is having xp, it sounds like it is an xp issue. I am running vista 32 bit in my system and I am also using Fire Fox 8.0.1 and I will like to share that the Script Shield scan is working fine without any problem. If you want then you can try out the same and check it out yourself.

Ok I will cross check it on xp and will let you know the result of the same, anyways I am thankful to you all for you suggestions, I really appreciate them.