Thread: unable to delete the browsing history in the Metro style UI of Internet Explorer 10

unable to delete the browsing history in the Metro style UI of Internet Explorer 10

hi guys i am using internet explorer10 which came with the windows 7 operating system. as i have frequent searches for many websites and there are visiting of sites in more number, there is a need to have a clearing of all visited history and therefore not finding ways to do that. since are there any ways to delete the browsing history on IE 10 Metro. i will be really thankful if you do so. pl;ease let me know the procedure to do so.

Re: unable to delete the browsing history in the Metro style UI of Internet Explorer 10

hello, according to me internet explorer does all the possible means in understanding situation and in a common case of yours i would like to say that there is a same sharing of browsing history as the desktop version and the metro version both doing the same. it would be definitely done if you have a try for deletion of the history from the desktop version and i cant make sure that it delete the metro ver also./ please do have a reply for the same.

Re: unable to delete the browsing history in the Metro style UI of Internet Explorer 10

hi, as you told about the problem, i can say here that it is for the point of developer preview . and i think you should wait for some time. if you are making use of Ccleaner then you will be able to delete your history.

the other means to do so is by going to to C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Temporary Internet Files\Low\Content.IE5 and then by Ctrl+a shift+delete, you would be able to delete the browsing history.

you can try with,
    in the start menu, go to the search bar and then type %temp% you will be automatically placed in the temporary files folder and there you are able to delete the whole browsing history with temporary internet files. take a note of this that there are several chances where if you make a selection of all files they don't tend to delete at the same time. you will occur in a situation where you will find it difficult to delete them and leave them as it is after several attempts made by you. so the thing to remember when you delete this files is that you try to take 4 or 5 files and have a deletion of them or come with other probable set of files. after selection of files there can be possible deletion of file s and it might occur that there are some files which don't tend to delete. have a individual deletion or let it be .

all easy way to have a removal of all visited sites or other sites can be by entering in the options menu of the internet explorer. but this takes time for removal of all sites as there might be access of frequently sites mentioned and saved in the c programs. you can have complete installation of lower version and then upgrade itself. it will not take time if you have the setup file for the needed one.

you should check in the settings and there you will find all the possible means to do so. in the settings there options available in the history settings. there are formats for deletion of history according to dates weeks, a month. by opening in this, you will able able to delete it site by site or can have a complete deletion for that day. as you made a request for selected sites or more visited sites, you can have a individual deletion of all those sites.

there are cases where the working of desktop version is possible and it makes the deletion possible by the means of desktop version.the reason behind this is that IE version and the Metro one is able to share the same browsing history.

the process of deletion of browsing history can be,
    1. click on the Properties of Internet Explorer after Right-Click on Internet Explorer
    2. click on 'Clear History' which is present at the bottom
    3. click on Delete Cookies for deletion of all the cookies.
    4. click on Delete Files for deletion of all the expected files and visited sites.

the best use of deleting the temporary files, history, cookies, and auto complete form history, index.dat. is by making use of CCleaner. it does not only deletes the browsing history of internet explorer10 but also of other recommendable and most used browsers. it has to be proved as the number-one tool for cleaning the Windows PC. apart from this, It enables to protect the privacy online and makes your computer faster to perform and more secure. it does support your operating system.