Thread: Internet Explorer 10 forgets the LAN settings (proxy server) on restart.

Internet Explorer 10 forgets the LAN settings (proxy server) on restart.

i am using internet explorer 10 with my windows 7 and there were no problems while connecting to LAN and recently found that after some time i come across entering the LAN settings as there is always such sitauation arising. i think the IE 10 forgets about teh LAN settings and i am fed up of entering now and then. is there any remedy to have a retrieval of LAN settings (proxy server).

Re: Internet Explorer 10 forgets the LAN settings (proxy server) on restart.

hi guys, according to me , i can say here that there is a system restore problem due to which you are suffering this problem. and concerning the system restore , i can say that it can be solved by following the below steps.
    1. in the Start screen, type System Restore
    2. in the right column of the System Restore Click Settings.
    3. you will find Restore system files after this. click it. and settings from a restore point.
    4. there are some instructions in the System Restore window . follow it.

hi, the above solution does work and in addition to this, i can ay that those making use of desktop version. and i addition if you are insisting on input then click on Tools>>internet options>> tab Connections>> LAN settings. afterwards put that in the Proxy "www-proxy.t-online.de" "Port: 80". this can bring close to the solution and here i can say that you can get some hint for. afterwards make a selection of "Bypass proxy servers for local addresses". and then type "Exceptions"in "Advanced" and then Ready with "OK". that's all you have to do. make use of proxy settings as there can be chances where broadband connection are not very fast. there are some chances that problems can be solved in some extent.

the other things you should be concerned of are that you should have a check in internet options. and then try for restarting the system as there will be changes made after this restart.

there are some settings which will help in some manner. setting a LGPO which is Local Group Policy Object can help in this issue.
    by pressing Start+R and then type gpedit.msc. in the Group Policy Editor .
    User configuration<<Windows settings<<Internet explorer maintainence<<Connection<<proxy settings.
    type gpupdate.and refresh group policy by pressing Start+R .
    type rsop.msc after the verification the policy has applied by either pressing Start+R.

hey guys, i tried with the method which you mentioned above. i cam to the conclusion that refreshing was not the solution for this. after wake up from Hibernate, there was a similar problem and there was no fix for it. i think there bug since young Windows Developer Pre-evolution status .

when suppose you arrive something across mark on Network icon in task bar, then you should try going to Control Panel<< and then in System and Security<<Action Center and select troubleshooting applet. there can be situations where Windows has automatically assigned an APIPA (169.254.0.0/16) address for your LAN adapter as you may be encountered with an IP conflict or your IP address .