Thread: How to Delete backup from iCloud

How to Delete backup from iCloud

I have recently bought a new iPhone 4 and I was looking to backup to icloud but it told me that I dont have enough space in it. There is a previous backup stored from my older iPhone which is still there. If I am trying to delete it to make more space for my new iPhone 4 then it says that I cannot delete it at this time since this back up is in use? Can anyone tell me how do I delete this old backup so that I can upload a new backup from my new phone? Thanks

Re: How to Delete backup from iCloud

Have you tried to turn off back up form your Apple ID from your old phone and then deleted its content? You just need to simply open the iCloud and under that go to Manage Storage and then remove the specific backup that you want from there. This way you will be able to solve your problem quite easily. If this doesnt work then post back again and we will try to figure out some other solution.

Instead of deleting all your iCloud Storage, why dont you go through your usage and pick up what you dont want to be backed up. I normally use Dropbox to save all my pics and this always and dont back them up to the icloud. I usually save documents and other data on it. So to do this, go into Settings > iCloud > Storage and backup > Manage Storage and then select your iphone and then show all Apps and remove whatever you want.

IS there a way to delete particular content from the iCloud as i do not want to share all the photo's that i have in my iPhone with my iPad having the same apple account !

Quote Originally Posted by rohitgopidi View Post
    IS there a way to delete particular content from the iCloud as i do not want to share all the photo's that i have in my iPhone with my iPad having the same apple account !
    I think that there is a way to delete particular content from icloud, first you click on your icloud on the menu bar, then click OPEN WEB APP. You will then see RECENT DROPS. Click the small box in the upper left corner of the item you want to delete. Then click DELETE SELECTED. Hope that solves the issue for you.