Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

windows 7 pc is freezing and giving blue screen error

Technology & Internet

Old 04-12-2011

windows 7 pc is freezing and giving blue screen error

Ok, so i had a problem and saw this site, which seemed helpful and decided to join, post and see if anyone could help.

My pc, for ... probably the last 8 months has been acting weird, it was having problems and i reinstalled windows 7 on it, then it was fine for a few months, then i kept getting bluescreen errors, and it kept freezing up too, a friend said to go to device manager and make sure everythings up to date, so i did this and it stopped the bluescreen errors, but kept freezing up, so i reinstalled windows 7 again, but it kept freezing up, last night it froze up again and when i logged on, it said i should do a system restore, so i did, the date said it would restore to the previous day (2nd) when it finished and windows had loaded up, firefox was giving me "untrusted login" stuff, msn wouldnt login, and then i changed the date and time to the correct settings~ this then let me login to msn, but it was showing everyone as offline, so i uninstalled msn (after relogging alot =3=) and then windows live essentials 2011 was only installing something called windows live mesh, it tried reinstalling probably 7 times, and it still wouldnt install messenger, i finally got a complete uninstall, but with an uninstall i downloaded "wlarp.exe"
then got it fixed about 20 minuets ago by installing windows live 2009, which then made me contacts appear online again, then updating back to 2011~
something also that the restore has made happen is... when i turn off / restart the pc, it stays at the logging off screen for a really long time, So, i wanted to know if anyone could help me make sure my pc is in working order, i think the freezing could be to do with overclocking~ but ive only seen the overclocking screen twice within the many months that its been happening.

other info: (i'm not sure if this is the info that is needed so i'm just guessing)
AMD Phenom(tm) 9600 Quad-Core Processor 2.30GHz
RAM 2.00
64-bit Operating System

Old 05-12-2011

re: windows 7 pc is freezing and giving blue screen error

As far as solution is concerned I recommend that you should Clean boot your computer. This particular solution is useful to remove the software conflict on the computer. Also if you have installed any security software on the computer than you should disable it and Let me know whether you have noticed any difference.
Old 13-12-2011

re: windows 7 pc is freezing and giving blue screen error

Ok, this this morning while attempting to get on the pc, it got to user accounts and kept freezing, then it wouldnt load up atall, just stayed at a black screen, so i turned it off for a few minuets and tried again, said it was checking Disk Consistency~ (i'm lucky to be on here at the moment) but it'll probably crash while i'm typing this.
anyway, i wanted to post to errors that came up when i booted a few days ago.

11/12/2011
Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.48
Locale ID: 2057

Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: 1000007e
BCP1: FFFFFFFFC0000005
BCP2: FFFFF8800106537E
BCP3: FFFFF88002E6A8F8
BCP4: FFFFF88002E6A150
OS Version: 6_1_7601
Service Pack: 1_0
Product: 256_1

Files that help describe the problem:
C:\Windows\Minidump\121111-16765-01.dmp
C:\Users\Aaron\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-38953-0.sysdata.xml

Read our privacy statement online:
http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?link...8&clcid=0x0409

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:
C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt

12/12/2011
Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.48
Locale ID: 2057

Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: 101
BCP1: 0000000000000030
BCP2: 0000000000000000
BCP3: FFFFF88002F63180
BCP4: 0000000000000002
OS Version: 6_1_7601
Service Pack: 1_0
Product: 256_1

Files that help describe the problem:
C:\Windows\Minidump\121211-24484-01.dmp
C:\Users\Aaron\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-45234-0.sysdata.xml

Read our privacy statement online:
http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?link...8&clcid=0x0409

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:
C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt

so, yea, thats what i had come up~ ionno where to go from there. but if that helps anyone with how to help me, i'll appreaciate it.
Old 14-12-2011

Re: windows 7 pc is freezing and giving blue screen error

You have to uninstall the Display Drivers in Display Adapters (from Device Manager) and uninstall the Catalyst Control Center from Add/Remove Program Utility. Run Driver Sweeper to sweep the graphic driver left overs. Then install the new drivers from the file you downloaded from the ATI Site. Also stop overclocking your system which may be becoming unstable and giving blue screen errors.
Old 14-12-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by expertz View Post
You have to uninstall the Display Drivers in Display Adapters (from Device Manager) and uninstall the Catalyst Control Center from Add/Remove Program Utility. Run Driver Sweeper to sweep the graphic driver left overs. Then install the new drivers from the file you downloaded from the ATI Site. Also stop overclocking your system which may be becoming unstable and giving blue screen errors.
well... thats not very helpful considering theres no AMD Phenom, only radeon stuff on the AMD site, "then install the new drivers from the file you downloaded from the ATI site"...
i didnt download them before, i went to device manager and just clicked update.
also, the catalyst control center wont open

"Catalyst Control Center cannot be started
The are currently no settings that can be configured using Catalyst
Control Center"

and now i'm stuck on low resolution =3=
Old 14-12-2011

Quote:
Catalyst Control Center cannot be started
The are currently no settings that can be configured using Catalyst
Control Center
Do you have a video card installed in your computer or are you using the onboard graphics? What is the make or model of the motherboard that you have? Incase if you dont have a ati video card installed then you will get that error message. Have you tried going to safe mode and checked whether it is booting normally.
Old 15-12-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by simond View Post
Do you have a video card installed in your computer or are you using the onboard graphics? What is the make or model of the motherboard that you have? Incase if you dont have a ati video card installed then you will get that error message. Have you tried going to safe mode and checked whether it is booting normally.
i tried going into safe mode, i'll get that info a bit later, i'm lucky if i can get on here more than 5 minuets without it freezing up, Expertz said to stop overclocking, so i'ma try that~

Last edited by aaronroberts : 15-12-2011 at 12:45 PM.

TechArena Community > Technology > Technology & Internet
Tags: , , , ,