Thread: Unable to load CSS in Firefox 8

Unable to load CSS in Firefox 8

HI, i have currently installed Firefox 8 in my machine and everything works perfectly except one thing. As whenever i try to open the pages which contains CSS will not load anyways, I am not able to determine why but still at the extent to i know i have done all thing known to me but still nothing seems to me working. Is there anybody having same problem with the browser or am I missing any option in order to get it enabled? Any suggestion will be appreciated.

Re: Unable to load CSS in Firefox 8

Firefox doesn't know you crave a file on your local computer unless you inform it so. So you'd write:

Code:
    <link rel="stylesheet" href="file:///c:/Documents%20and%20Settings/Owner/Desktop/Blank%20Site/design.css">
    After that it might be possible as if the CSS is in the same folder as your HTML file, then you have to write like this:

Code:
    <link rel="stylesheet" href="design.css">

NO, with me this is working perfectly. But according to me the best guess would be an extension, which could be different or might be incompatible. You should try to run the browser in safe mode.

NO, with me this is working perfectly. But according to me the best guess would be an extension, which could be different or might be incompatible. You should try to run the browser in safe mode.

Ok that’s fine, in fact seems like it would going to help me some way, but still will you please let me know how can i run the browser in safe mode? I haven’t run it this way ever?
    Is this same like we run the machine in safe mode and then running this browser? Or please let me know how can i do that?

i am not sure about this but still it might be because of the incorrect MIME type you have mentioned in the header.

You should try to check the server doesn't send a file with the php file extension as text/css. So did you ever attempted to add a PHP header to ensure that the file gets send as text/css ? because the thing is like firefox may attempt to load such files from the cache and not reload them from the server.

Ok that’s fine, in fact seems like it would going to help me some way, but still will you please let me know how can i run the browser in safe mode? I haven’t run it this way ever?

Is this same like we run the machine in safe mode and then running this browser? Or please let me know how can I do that?
    No, you are wrong dude, as this is not like running the machine in safe mode and then run the browser but there is another option associated with the browser that’s running in the safe mode. Anyways you may not get this way so i have mentioned the steps by following that you can try this on your own and then see whether you are getting the CSS running or not. Assuming as you must be running operating system from the windows.

select "Start >> Run" on Windows 7 or Vista, enable the Run box, as described below and enter the following in the Windows Run box:

For Firefox, one of these:

firefox -safe-mode

• this sometimes won’t work thus may have to enter the whole address, and the default should be like

"C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe" -safe-mode

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe" -safe-mode

surely there could be some problem with the path you have given in the header section, thus you should make sure whether you have given proper path over here ?

Code:
    <style type="text/css" media="screen">
    @import url( <?php bloginfo('stylesheet_url (or if it is in the local computer then give the full path)'); ?> );
    </style>

Hey thanks guys for the suggestion and really you were correct as there were some problem with the Ad sense Plus extension only. Thus, after disabling that the site runs perfectly and loads fine.