Thread: How to customize FireFox 8 using deployment package

How to customize FireFox 8 using deployment package

I want to deploy FireFox 8.0 with customized user settings, but i don't have idea to do this task. windows 7 running on my dell laptop. my freind told me that the deployment package help to do this task in proper way. can anyvody do this task, then please share your knoweldge. this is helpful for me. I'm trying to show Bookmarks Toolbar with default setting. hence i do this cutomization task on it.

Re: How to customize FireFox 8 using deployment package

you do not need to do any extra process, on it. this is already presents on your firefox browser. you need to simply reset all the setting on your browser, if you made changes on it. try this and check its valuable result. this is well for you to fix this complex issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Suigetsu View Post
    you do not need to do any extra process, on it. this is already presents on your firefox browser. you need to simply reset all the setting on your browser, if you made changes on it. try this and check its valuable result. this is well for you to fix this complex issue.
    yes, i also experience about it and i think you need to perform this firefox browsetr resetting task on your windows 7 system. Go to Help menu in firefox and then choose Restart with Add-ons Disabled option. then Firefox Safe Mode dialog box open on your browser. select "Reset all user preferences to Firefox defaults". thsi will be work to set all the setting to its default stage. try this and check what things arrives on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Cauvery View Post
    yes, i also experience about it and i think you need to perform this firefox browsetr resetting task on your windows 7 system. Go to Help menu in firefox and then choose Restart with Add-ons Disabled option. then Firefox Safe Mode dialog box open on your browser. select "Reset all user preferences to Firefox defaults". thsi will be work to set all the setting to its default stage. try this and check what things arrives on it.
    You can also do it in different way. Open Firefox in Safe Mode, by typing “firefox -safe-mode” in Run window. then press enter. select "Reset all user preferences to Firefox defaults" this option and reboot your system. thisi will be work to set all the setting to its default stage. try this and hceck what result arrives on it. this is well for you to fix your complex issue.

Quote Originally Posted by FarhaS View Post
    You can also do it in different way. Open Firefox in Safe Mode, by typing “firefox -safe-mode” in Run window. then press enter. select "Reset all user preferences to Firefox defaults" this option and reboot your system. thisi will be work to set all the setting to its default stage. try this and hceck what result arrives on it. this is well for you to fix your complex issue.
    You can also customized your setting with the help of this deployment package. first type about:config in the location bar of the firefox 8 browser. it will be shows you all the customized setting,. there is edit setting also presents on it. you can edit it as per your requirement and reboot your firefox browser. thsi will be work and you can see all the changes on your mozilla firefox browser.

The Firefox Client Customization Kit (CCK) was designed to do this customize FireFox 8 using deployment package. Create an extension that customizes the browser for a particular installation or deployment. hence i would be request to you for use this kit and then perform your customization task on it, this will be work to fix your complex issue. this is well for you to fix your complex issue.

Quote Originally Posted by DamarisK View Post
    The Firefox Client Customization Kit (CCK) was designed to do this customize FireFox 8 using deployment package. Create an extension that customizes the browser for a particular installation or deployment. hence i would be request to you for use this kit and then perform your customization task on it, this will be work to fix your complex issue. this is well for you to fix your complex issue.
    Virtualizing Firefox with App-V will isolate the application from the OS. you can also try this Virtualizing Firefox with App-V on your widnows 7 system. this is well for you to fix your complex issue. try this and hceck its valuable result on your system. this is well to set all the setting as per the user demand.

general config file helps to set default settings from an application level for all new firefox applications. try to open and edit this file on your windows 7 system. you can do this using command propmpt. do this task. then edit its setting as per your own demand. thsi will be work to fix your complex issue.

Quote Originally Posted by KirtiPatel View Post
    general config file helps to set default settings from an application level for all new firefox applications. try to open and edit this file on your windows 7 system. you can do this using command propmpt. do this task. then edit its setting as per your own demand. thsi will be work to fix your complex issue.
    i try this task using the proecess mentioned on the manual of the firefox. finally i found the apporpriate result on thsi widnows 7. this is well for me and in result, finally i set the Bookmarks Toolbar with default setting. anyone who faced such issue, can also try this solutions on your system. thsi is well for you.