Thread: Windows 7 and Mozilla Firefox 8: Content getting faded while scrolling the webpage

Windows 7 and Mozilla Firefox 8: Content getting faded while scrolling the webpage

the users of this particular forum has helped me many time to fix the issue which I have posted over here and I am hoping that the again all the users will help me out. I have found that the content is seems to be faded when I am scrolling the browser window and reappears the same after couple of seconds. Any idea if you are having with you than let me know about? Thanks a lot in advance.

Rajni Guest

Re: Windows 7 and Mozilla Firefox 8: Content getting faded while scrolling the webpage

Will you furnish following details so that I can find out the root cause of the issue.
    Operating system installed on the computer.
    Hardware as well as software configuration of the computer.
    Do you have installed all the graphic card drivers on the computer?
    Let me know if you are having any other information to get the root cause of the problem.

Re: Windows 7 and Mozilla Firefox 8: Content getting faded while scrolling the webpage

Looking at the situation I am suggesting following steps which you can try to fix the issue.
    • You should click on the start button and enter cleartype into the Searchbox.
    • Now click on the Adjust clearType text to open the ClearType control Panel.
    • After that you have to click on the Turn on ClearType checkbox and click on the Next.
    • Once you have done with the setting you should click on the Finish button.

Well I think there is need of doing windows update and you will be able to get the window update from the official website of Microsoft. After installing the update you will need to reboot the computer.

After going through the issue of yours I am suggesting that you should turn off the hardware acceleration. This will turn gfx.direct2d.disabled to True. If you have left the about:config window open when you are supposed to turning on or off for the hardware acceleration you will be able to get the changes. So try the same and let me know whether it is working or not.

According to me there is need of an add on to fix the matter which you are getting. Well I am suggesting that you should get the Anti Aliasing Tuner from the official website. This particular add-on is useful to customize various kind of Direct2D/DirectWrite text rendering parameters. This really essential plugin and you should get the same and install on the browser of yours. in case you have selected Dont' Care into the Anti-aliasing Mode then it will not do anything for the Normal Font but it will modify the Firefox native rendering params as ‘gfx.font_rendering.cleartype_params’.

I am not sure but there is need of updating the graphic card driver on the computer. you can get the same from the official website of the graphic card manufacturer.

First of all I wanted to tell you that you should reinstall the browser on the computer. also tell me whether there was same issue with the previous version of the browser. If no than you should downgrade the Firefox to the previous working version.

I am suspecting that the above mentioned issue is occurring because of the bug issue. Hence you will need to contact the developer and file a bug report to them. The developer will work on the same and they will release the patch which you can apply to fix the matter. Mean while you can use any of the following browser.
    Google Chrome
    Opera
    Apple Safari.