Thread: about:config settings in Firefox 8

about:config settings in Firefox 8

I have a moment ago had a severe trouble with Firefox 8 that i ended with the completely clean new install of the browser that i have download but that simply means losing all the settings, isn’t it?

I wanted to know that the settings that we configured over is necessary in order to use the browser effectively? And if so then can i have those settings back which i have done earlier with the previous version? Any suggestion will be appreciated.

Re: about:config settings in Firefox 8

see the thing is like if you are having very good internet connection so obviously you don’t have to make those settings because though you make it but you’ll not be able to determine the variation, but if you are using any dialup connection or the internet connection through the mobile the after configuring this you’ll get very good performance with the browser that you can noticed.

And i have heard that we can simply export the about:config file so that we can use it after reinstalling the browser as well. But in your case it seems like you have already uninstalled the browser of yours so i don’t think you’ll be able to get those settings back.

I completely have same opinion as the above user, and would say the same things like you must have to configure those settings once again for the browser. But as far as configuration is concern what problem doing that? As you have done it already that means you must be knowing how to do that, don’t you know? And see if you have any problem with any particular entry or column i would say, then you should mentioned it over here so that i could assist you further with respect to about:config.

- well, you must be aware as there are so many configurations settings are there in the “about:config”, thus it would be better if you simply mentioned what exactly you have to so that we could help you in better way.

But still i would like to recommend you that you should try to visit the LINK i have mentioned as they have properly mentioned all the settings regarding the about:config.

I completely have same opinion as the above user, and would say the same things like you must have to configure those settings once again for the browser. But as far as configuration is concern what problem doing that? As you have done it already that means you must be knowing how to do that, don’t you know? And see if you have any problem with any particular entry or column i would say, then you should mentioned it over here so that i could assist you further with respect to about:config.
    Ok, i got your point like i haven’t exported those files first and that’s why i will not be able to import them once again in the machine, but if so then how can import those exported file if there is any?

this is quite simper, you have to just copy <profile>/prefs.js to other directory and see if you have reinstalled this firefox setup then you can paste this file within the installed folder.