Thread: LINUX running Firefox 8 and flash

LINUX running Firefox 8 and flash

HI, i have recently installed this Firefox 8 browser and along with that i have downloaded the Adobe Flash as well. Thus I just wanted to know that how can i install that with this browser as this is not my preference browser or I can say not the default browser? Anyways hoping for good suggestions.

Re: LINUX running Firefox 8 and flash

as you have downloaded the software in the machine i would like to tell you about the enabling with the firefox and the best thing is like you don’t have to make the browser as default even.

Starting in Firefox 8 and in SeaMonkey 2, installed plug-ins, including Flash, can be disabled and enabled in the Add-ons manager.

To disable or re-enable Flash, go to Tools >> Add-ons (Add-on Manager) -> Plug-ins and find the "Shockwave Flash" entry, shown when enabled. Click the "Disable" button to disable the Flash plugin. If Flash is disabled, click the "Enable" button to re-enable Flash for the browser.

I don’t whether you have downloaded a perfect copy according to you OS or not, but still i would like to recommend you that you should try to visit this site and see whether you downloaded the perfect version or not or you download it from there only.

as you completed downloading the player you can simply follow the instructions as mentioned above.

I don’t whether you have downloaded a perfect copy according to you OS or not, but still i would like to recommend you that you should try to visit this site and see whether you downloaded the perfect version or not or you download it from there only.

as you completed downloading the player you can simply follow the instructions as mentioned above.
    Though i am agree with the above user but still it seems like you may haven’t installed the flash player in the browser as well, have you? because see if you haven’t then obviously you’ll not find it in the add-on manager as well. Thus i would like to recommend you that you should first install that player, you can refer the steps i have mentioned below:

Install the plug-in tar.gz using Install script:

1. Unpack the tar.gz file

2. In terminal, navigate to the unpacked directory and enter:
      • $ ./flashplayer-installer

• Click Enter and follow prompts

See I would like to recommend you that you should have a glance over this LINK so that you can have proper idea about installing the flash player file that you have downloaded in your machine.

Actually, the thing is like i haven’t used this ubuntu ever thus i am not that sure about the functioning of the flash player.

Apart from this you can refer this installation guide as well.

Install the plug-in tar.gz using Install script:

Unpack the tar.gz file

In terminal, navigate to the unpacked directory and enter:
    $ ./flashplayer-installer

Click Enter and follow prompts
    Hey thanks for the suggestion but still this is installing the plug-ins using the install script but please do mentioned how i can install it using the RPM as well?

Hey thanks for the suggestion but still this is installing the plug-ins using the install script but please do mentioned how i can install it using the RPM as well?
    That’s also quite simple, follow the below steps:
    As root, enter in terminal:
    o # rpm -Uvh <rpm_package_file>
    o Click Enter and follow instructions you can see on the screen.