Thread: How to Stop, reduce, or pause downloads while browsing

How to Stop, reduce, or pause downloads while browsing

I am wondering for some method by which I will be able to stop, reduce or pause downloads totally when I start browsing on internet. I want this because when I am downloading something then the browsing speed becomes very slow and this is the reason that I am searching for any such thing. If you have any idea regarding this then please let me know. I will be thankful to all the replies for this.

Re: How to Stop, reduce, or pause downloads while browsing

I don’t think that this is possible because all the web requests looks similar. this is not possible for the router to know that if the HTTP traffic is downloading anything or is just browsing the sites. If this is possible then it will be with the help of the extension of the url but then also it will be just the guess. If this is possible then it must be added as the add-on for the browser so that it can provide the peak performance. This is just the thought of mine about this. Lets wait and see what the other people say about this.

This is simply not possible. If you wish to do so then you can simply pause the download and then browse the web. Once you are finished with the browsing then you can resume the download.

Quote Originally Posted by Suigetsu View Post
    This is simply not possible. If you wish to do so then you can simply pause the download and then browse the web. Once you are finished with the browsing then you can resume the download.
    Thank you for your replies on this but this is the very basic thing and I also know that. I was asking for some program or some trick.

I would like to tell you that there is no way to do that. You will have to either pause the download or continue with the slow browsing as you are doing now.