Thread: Standard button on the tool bar appear white after installing Firefox 8

Standard button on the tool bar appear white after installing Firefox 8

I have recently installed Firefox 8 on my computer and I have found that the Standard button on the tool bar is appearing white. I did not have the same look when I was using Firefox 7. Is there a way to fix it out and get them appear as they used to in the Firefox 7? Is there anyone who has faced the same and has resolved it as well? Any help regarding this will be highly appreciated.

Re: Standard button on the tool bar appear white after installing Firefox 8

I have recently installed Firefox 8 on my computer and I have found that the Standard button on the tool bar is appearing white. I did not have the same look when I was using Firefox 7. Is there a way to fix it out and get them appear as they used to in the Firefox 7? Is there anyone who has faced the same and has resolved it as well? Any help regarding this will be highly appreciated
    Even I was having the same problem and I was looking after a solution for the same but then I did not had any success but then later someone suggested me to get the stylish theme for this issue and it has really fixed it out. If you want then even you can try it out, there are really some good ones. I am using the same but then I think that the Mozilla people should fix it soon as well.
    Stylish theme

Hey I have downloaded the same but then I think that it is not actually restoring the original look which I ha previously and I have also tried out a couple of them as well but in unfortunately even they had the same kind of appearance. Is there any other thing or solution that I can try out in order to get the original standard button as it was. Any further help will be appreciated.

I will like to share that the Toolbar buttons are stored in firefox folder and they are in the "omni.jar" named file, what all you have to do is just go to the file and then open it and then zip it up and then just browse the folder. Just follow the below steps:
    • Go to chrome > browser > skin > clasics > browser, here you will get 2 files oolbar.png and toolbar-inverted.png respectively so now you will just have to copy toolbar.png into roolbar-inverted.png and after that you will get 2 files with different names.
    • After that just reboot and then open fire fox and then you will get the same toolbar as that of the Firefox 7.

Just check it out and then let me know if you have any further problem with the solution. I think that the above solution will probably solve the problem and you will not have any further issues. Best of luck

I will like to share that the Toolbar buttons are stored in firefox folder and they are in the "omni.jar" named file, what all you have to do is just go to the file and then open it and then zip it up and then just browse the folder. Just follow the below steps:
    Go to chrome > browser > skin > clasics > browser, here you will get 2 files oolbar.png and toolbar-inverted.png respectively so now you will just have to copy toolbar.png into roolbar-inverted.png and after that you will get 2 files with different names.
    After that just reboot and then open fire fox and then you will get the same toolbar as that of the Firefox 7.
    Just check it out and then let me know if you have any further problem with the solution. I think that the above solution will probably solve the problem and you will not have any further issues. Best of luck

Hey kirti I am really thankful to you for your solution I have finally solved it out today, I was trying to solve I out somehow since the day I had installed firefox 8 and I was really getting pissed with it everyday, I was willing to switch back to the firefox 7 again as I was really tired after looking a solution for the same problem but then I am really happy now that I have solved it with your help. I really appreciate the suggestions that has been shared here, thanks once again.