Thread: Firefox 8 is breaking webforum “Quote” function.

Firefox 8 is breaking webforum “Quote” function.

I have recently installed Firefox 8 and I am running windows 7 and the problem that I have started facing is that when I am visiting any of the forums that I usually do then I am not able to use the webforum “Quote” function, I was not having the same problem before and it appeared after installing Firefox 8. The previous version of the Firefox was working fine. I don’t know what is wrong with the Firefox 8. Is there anyone who has faced the same and has an idea about the same and can help me out as well? Any suggestions regarding the same will be appreciated.

Re: Firefox 8 is breaking webforum “Quote” function.

I was facing the same problem after installing Firefox 8 and I was trying to find out a solution for the same but then I did not got a single effective solution to sort it out and later I have solved the same problem by switching back to Firefox 7 again and now I am not having the same problem. I really wanted to use the Firefox 8 but then just because of the Quote issue I have switched back to the Firefox 7 but then if anyone finds a solution for the same then it will be highly appreciated.

I have recently installed Firefox 8 and I am running windows 7 and the problem that I have started facing is that when I am visiting any of the forums that I usually do then I am not able to use the webforum “Quote” function, I was not having the same problem before and it appeared after installing Firefox 8. The previous version of the Firefox was working fine. I don’t know what is wrong with the Firefox 8. Is there anyone who has faced the same and has an idea about the same and can help me out as well? Any suggestions regarding the same will be appreciated.
    Before I suggest you something I will like to know the following:
    • Are you getting the same quote with all the forums that you visit or some specific ones?
    • Have you tried to clear their cache and all?
    • Have you tried using another browser just to check?

Yes I am getting the same problem for all the forums that I visit and it is not related to any specific ones and I have tried to use a different browser as well but then I am not having any such problem with them. This problem only exists with Firefox 8 and even I have checked with the Firefox 7 and it does not have the same problem. As far as the cache is concerned I have not yet tried doing the same. I have visited a no of forums to get a solution for this problem and I have found a no of people facing the same but no one has specified anything related to the cache, I will just try to check it out and then let you know if clearing the cache is working or not.

I just wanted to know that have you registered yourself on the forums that you are trying to comment something because I think that there might be possibilities that you must be registered in order to use the webforum functions like quote and all. I am not very sure about it but then you can just check it out if you are getting any kind of difference when you are commenting on a forum where you are not registered and where you are registered. Just check it out and then let me know what you get.

I will like to share that without registering you won’t be able to use any of the webforum functions rather than just viewing it. I have registered on all the forums that I have been visiting, I think that this is some kind of browser issue because I mentioned that I was not having any such problem in the Firefox 7. I have found that there are a no of people who are having the exact problem I mean that using the Firefox 8 they are very well able to comment in the forum that they have registered but then they are able to use the quote function. I think that there should be a solution for this but then I not yet found an effective solution for the same. So any further help will be appreciated.

Ok, what you can do is just open the Firefox's error console and you can use the short cut for the same that is Ctrl-Shift-J and after that just clear the console using the clear button and then go to a comments page and after that just try to use the quote button and then just post the error that will be logged to the console. Just check it out and then let me know for further help.

Here is what I have found:
    document.getSelection() returns "object" since Firefox 8, no longer "string".
    I am not getting much from the same, so just check it out if you have an idea about it? And help me further as well.

Hey guys I was still searching a solution for the same but then I did not got any success but then I have solved it out by switching to the Firefox 7 again and now I am not having any such problem. Anyways I am thankful to you all for sharing your suggestions with me and I really appreciate them as well.