Thread: Need help! To clear out the Firefox 8 browser cache

Need help! To clear out the Firefox 8 browser cache

I have recently installed Firefox 8 and I am willing to clear the browser cache as per my security reason but then I am not able to so the same. I mean that I have tried clearing the browser cache programmatically but then I don’t think that it is making any difference so I just needed help for the same. Is there anyone who knows a solution to clear the browser cache and can help me out with it as well. Any help regarding the same will be appreciated.

Re: Need help! To clear out the Firefox 8 browser cache

I am having the same problem and I am willing to do so because I am creating a site using asp.net and for the security reason I have clear the browser cache but then I am not able to find workaround for the same. I have been looking after a solution to get this issue solved since yesterday but then I have not got any success yet. I have tried a no of solution and I have also tried to do it programmatically as well but then it is not making any difference. So I just wanted to know if there is a solution to actually solve it out. Any further help regarding the same will be highly appreciated.

I think I have a solution for you and in order to try it out just follow the below steps:
    • First press Ctrl + Shift + Delete and after that you will get a Clear All History box.
    • After you get a Clear All History box just check mark the “cache” option in the list and if you want you can set the time for the same and after that just click on the clear now button.
    • Now just Click on Firefox on the top-left and then go in to Options and then again in to options and after you get a Options box just click on the Privacy tab then click on clear your recent history link.
    • After that just click on Cache and then on the Clear Now button and then you are done.

Just try it out and then let me know if it works or not.

Yes this solution really works and I had done the same when I was having Firefox 5 but then I have not tried the same in Firefox 8.I think that it should definitely help you out as well. I will also like to share that other than this you can use the same section where you had check marked the “cache” option to delete the following options as well:
    • Active Logins
    • Site Preferences
    • Cookies
    • Browsing & Download History
    • Form & Search History

Hey thanks for the solution I have really solved my issue with this solution I had came to this solution previously in a forum but then there it was mentioned for Firefox 5 only and not Firefox 5 and above and all and that it why I had not tried the same previously but then now I am really happy to get it solved. Once again thanks for this solution, I really appreciate your help.

Hey it worked out for me as well and now I think that I can work on my site without any problem. I was not aware of this solution before but then even I am happy that I have finally solved it out with your help. Thanks for the same.