Thread: Unable to see all website in history visited earlier in internet explorer 9

Unable to see all website in history visited earlier in internet explorer 9

HI, I have recently installed this internet explorer 9 on my windows 7 running machine and everything works fine but yesterday when I was looking for the history at that time I have noticed one thing as the browser was not showing me the whole history I mean to say not all the website which I had visited earlier. How do I get the history to display all the sites I've visited? Is there any settings which I am missing or this is a Bug in the browser? Any suggestion for the same will be appreciated.

Re: Unable to see all website in history visited earlier in internet explorer 9

have you ever browser any website with the InPrivate Browsing enabled?

Because see If you have InPrivate Browsing enabled, in that case among the address section and the stop & refresh buttons on the Address Bar will be some words In Private in Blue colored. If that's the case then it might be possible as you did turn it on by some means and require to close the browser and reopen one without that setting to capture your history.

Thus in other simpler words I would like to recommend you that you should try to disable private browsing first of all and then only as mentioned all your history will be captured.

If it still not keeping your history, then it isn't an problem of removing your browsing history with several cleaning software (because that would eliminate it all and not only today's). Still, if you don't keep a history other than today's and remove history while closing the browser, then such a program as mentioned like Clean-Up or CCleaner, if scheduled to run in the background could be erasing the history and making it come into view like it isn't saving your history while instead it is being deleted.

see once I was also getting the same problem with the browser and I have done this thing which I have mentioned below and would like to suggest you the same to do.

Go to Tools >> Internet Options >> Content >> Autocomplete >> Settings >> and check Address Bar and Browsing History to perceive if that helps. They should be two dissimilar things, but I'd like to rule out that this might be the cause or that it may resolve the problem.

What security system you have installed ? it would be better if you give the name and version and does it have any features to turn off the saving of IE history or anything like that enabled or even possible? Thus If so, then you should also ensure it isn't the cause.

If you still having same problems with the IE9 then I would like to recommend you that you should try to reinstall the browser and run it without add-ons and for that you should follow the below mentioned steps:

Start >> Accessories >> Internet explorer (no add-ons) and see if that helps. If so, then enable the add-ons one-by-one until you discover the one causing the trouble and update it or keep it disabled simply and that should resolve the difficulty. But along with that if suppose you are still getting the same problem then I would like to suggest you that you should also check the following troubleshooting guide.

I was also getting the same problem with the browser and with no other option I have just ended this by quit using the browser, now I am using Firefox and it works far much better.

If it still not keeping your history, then it isn't an problem of removing your browsing history with several cleaning software (because that would eliminate it all and not only today's). Still, if you don't keep a history other than today's and remove history while closing the browser, then such a program as mentioned like Clean-Up or CCleaner, if scheduled to run in the background could be erasing the history and making it come into view like it isn't saving your history while instead it is being deleted.
    I have done almost all the thing you guys have mentioned but still It seems like nothing is going to happen over here and I must have to make use of another browser as mentioned above. Anyways thanks for the suggestion.

I am agree with almost all the above user, but see if suppose still you are having the same problem with the browser then surely there could be some problem with the browser and that you must have to resolved by reinstalling it. I'm not sure how you installed or from wherever you downloaded (or what you downloaded), so let's first ensure the whole thing is ended the correct way and observe how that goes. If there still are problems then you can simply report this bugs to the Microsoft’s forums as well.