Thread: Error "The download contains a virus and was automatically deleted" while downloading IE9

Error "The download contains a virus and was automatically deleted" while downloading IE9

I recently upgraded my operating system to windows 7. Now I wanted to download ie9. Before the start of the download I get an error message saying that “the download contains a virus and was automatically deleted”. Now I don’t understand what is the problem downloading from the trusted sites, why is that so? I mean I just downloaded it from the official Microsoft site and still I get a virus threat what kind of thing is this? Apart from me is there anyone here who has got the problem, and if yes is the answer then do share their experience with me. That would be better for me. In case if anyone has solutions for me then do share it with me as soon as possible that would be better.

Re: Error "The download contains a virus and was automatically deleted" while downloading IE9

I think so it is the antivirus program that you are using in your system which is giving the problem. So just turn the security settings to medium or low. That would be better for you. So do work on the said solution of mine that would be better for you. So that’s what I want to say here.

Re: Error "The download contains a virus and was automatically deleted" while downloading IE9

I would advise you to Run internet explorer safety troubleshooter. That would be the ideal method for you, that’s what I want to say here. in case if you don’t know how to run the internet explorer safety troubleshooter then go to the control panel and in the search box type troubleshooter, now click on Troubleshooting. Click on the view all button and if all the results does gets displayed then select Internet Explorer Safety. So that’s what you should be doing. I hope that was clear for you.

Just try and reset the internet explorer settings. To be more specific then look out for the internet explorer security settings that’s what you should be checking out for sure. Do reset it. That’s what you have to do. I hope it was clear for you that’s it from my side.

Dude I have already tried resetting the setting in my browser and that did not help me at all may be there would be some issue with the antivirus program that I am using. I will try and disable it for sometime and then check it out accordingly. Anyways just want to tell you all that resetting does not help at all.

I tried uninstalling IE9 and then got thought of switching back to the old IE8. Now while downloading the Ie8 as well I am getting the same problem. Do anyone of you all have any knowledge as if what can be the problem here?

I am sure that you will be having some knowledge about it for sure. Anyways if anyone here has ended up getting some solutions for the said problem then do share it with me as soon as possible that’s what I am hoping for.

Rajni Guest

I just uninstalled my avg and then went ahead with the downloading and it got installed as well. There was no problem at all for me. So I am happy with the result that I have got here. Anyways I will surely be installing the avg again back in my pc. Happy that I was able to get it installed. That’s what I want to say here.