Thread: "This FTP site cannot be viewed in Windows Explorer" error message in internet explorer 9

"This FTP site cannot be viewed in Windows Explorer" error message in internet explorer 9

I have recently installed internet explorer 9 browser in my computer and after installing the internet explorer 9 in my computer I have started experiencing one problem. now whenever I try to access FTP site at that time I get this message "This FTP site cannot be viewed in Windows Explorer". Is there any way to solve this problem?

Thank you in advance.

Re: "This FTP site cannot be viewed in Windows Explorer" error message in internet explorer 9

I have gone through the problem which you are facing with the internet explorer 9 browsers and I will first suggest you to try to solve this problem by checking all the internet explorer setting. Many times because of the wrong setting also this type of problem can take place.

Re: "This FTP site cannot be viewed in Windows Explorer" error message in internet explorer 9

According to me you can solve this issue by loading the website in the Compatibility View. Sometimes some websites cannot open because they are designed for earlier versions of Internet Explorer and to run those sites we have to load the website in Compatibility View. You should first load the website in the Compatibility View and then check whether your problem gets solved or not?

If you don’t know about how to open the site with the compatibility view then you have to follow these steps.

First you have to open the internet explorer in your computer and after opening the internet explorer 9 in your computer you have to enter the website of the address and then you have to click on the compatibility view button besides address bar and then check whether it loads successfully or not. if you don’t see the compatibility view button then you should right click on below address bar and then select the compatibility view button and then you will get the button beside address bar. I hope this solution will be helpful for you.

You have to also try to solve this problem by clearing the SSL state. Try this solution and then let me know what the result is.

To clear the SSL state you have to go through these steps.

• Open the internet explorer.
    • Click on the tools.
    • Select the internet options.
    • Select the content tab.
    • Now select the clear SSL state.

If above solution does not help you to fix this issue then you should open the date and time setting by going in to the control panel and then selecting the Clock, Language, and Region and after that you have to select the date and time option. Now check whether all the settings are ok there.

You should also clear all the browsing data of the internet explorer 9 because sometime clearing the browsing data can also help to solve this problem.

You should try to solve this problem by adding the website to the trusted zone and then check whether you are getting the same problem or not.

To do this you have to first open the internet explorer 9 then open the site which you want to add and then select the tools and after selecting that you need to click on the internet options. Now after selecting the internet options you need to select the security tab and then you need to select the local internet and then select the advanced button. Now add you website there. Now after that click on the OK.

I was also experiencing the same issue and after that I came to know that by resetting the internet explorer 9 browsers I can fix this issue and after that I have reset the internet explorer browser and after resetting the internet explorer browser all the problem get solved. I think you should also try this trick and then your problem will get solved.