Thread: Google and Firefox not recognizing the current version after updating to the latest Firefox 8.01

Google and Firefox not recognizing the current version after updating to the latest Firefox 8.01

I recently updated my Firefox version with the latest Firefox 8.01. now whenever I visit sites like Gmail and Google + it tells me that the current version of the Firefox is no longer supported in it. So that’s what I am not understanding at all. They are thinking that I am using the old version of the Firefox. I don’t know what’s wrong over here. Sometimes even I visit the official Firefox website it gives me the same message that I am using the old browser and I should automatically upgrade it with the new one. Don’t know what’s the problem here. can you all please tell me what’s the exact solution.

Re: Google and Firefox not recognizing the current version after updating to the latest Firefox 8.01

I have a solution for you so what you should be doing is follow the steps that I have given here and let me know if that works for you or not.
    1) First go to the location bar and then type about:config and press Enter.
    2) Now a page will appear saying this might void you warranty. To the bottom there will be a button named as “I’ll be careful, I promise”. Click on that.
    3) Now a separate page will appear. Type useragent on the filter field.
    4) Now the preferences will be listed down. Click on each of them and select Reset.
    5) Now if all of them are appearing to be existing then you should also reset
    - general.useragent.extra.productName
    - general.useragent.override
    6) Now after resetting all the preferences now clear out all the cookies as well as the cache history as well of the browser.
    Now check if everything is working or not. So do give a try for sure. That’s what I am saying here.

Re: Google and Firefox not recognizing the current version after updating to the latest Firefox 8.01

Check the version properly by going to the help menu and inside it ‘About Firefox’. So make sure you do have a proper check of the version that you are using. In case if it is old then update it.

I have one more solution for you and here what you should be doing is that reset your user-agent string that you can find in a particular file called as prefs.js file in the profile folder. Now you have to edit that file. Open that file in any text program such as wordpad or notepad. Now delete all the lines that are beginning with user_pref("general.useragent. Now while doing the changes make sure that you close the Firefox application. Also ensure that you keep a backup copy of the original file.

Quote Originally Posted by DamarisK View Post
    I have a solution for you so what you should be doing is follow the steps that I have given here and let me know if that works for you or not.
    1) First go to the location bar and then type about:config and press Enter.
    2) Now a page will appear saying this might void you warranty. To the bottom there will be a button named as “I’ll be careful, I promise”. Click on that.
    3) Now a separate page will appear. Type useragent on the filter field.
    4) Now the preferences will be listed down. Click on each of them and select Reset.
    5) Now if all of them are appearing to be existing then you should also reset
    - general.useragent.extra.productName
    - general.useragent.override
    6) Now after resetting all the preferences now clear out all the cookies as well as the cache history as well of the browser.
    Now check if everything is working or not. So do give a try for sure. That’s what I am saying here.
    Ok thanks a lot guys for the solution that you all have given here it worked for me. So thanks a ton for the same that’s what I want to say here. however I just want to say that the first solution did work for me.