Thread: babylon home page

babylon home page

I can't get rid of it! I have gone through the steps already suggested by techarena...manage add-ons, control panel, internet options and it is still my home page when opening a new tab. what can I do? Help!!!...lol

Re: babylon home page

your getting this issue due to the babylon add-ons installed on your browser, so first try to remove babylon add-ons your browser. If you have installed the Firefox browser then go through the below steps: make click on the tools and after that click on the add-ons. now on the add-ons windows look for the babylon and after that uninstall the babylon add-ons.

once you removed the babylon add-on then perform the registry cleaner like Ccleaner on your system and after that start the Firefox again. now on the firefox menu go to the tools and under that make click on the options. now on the options go to the general tab and under that make click on the restore to default or you can manually assign homepage. i hope this will help you.

Thanks. I have gone to the manage add-ons and there is nothing in there with "babylon" anywhere. I am operating IE8 with Windows seven. I am fearful that it may be taking personal information from me when I do anything important. I do alot of on line banking and buying as I am shut in. So I want this babylon thing gone. I don't remember what program it came in on. I thought I remove it from control panel and the other locals as well would eliminate it but to date no luck?
    Any other thoughts???

Download a software called Revo Uninstaller includes Other cleaning tools, including year Autorun manager, that will show you all the Program at startup - and lets you kill or remove anything that You Do not Want to run. And there's a very useful "Tracks Cleaner" that will remove traces of your browsing history, as well it will trace left behind by Microsoft Office applications.

Thanks to all for the info. I have tried all of the suggestions and nowhere can I find anything that says "babylon". I am running IE8 with a google home page. I tried the revo program and no "babylon" there either. I may have to have the system rebooted I guess.

I will like to suggest you that you download and install Babylon Uninstaller utility to remove Babylon search from your computer by searching it on google. If that does not help, please contact the manufacturer. Also, try to pen a dos shell, or execute "RegEdit" through the launch menu.

Find the key:
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\About URLs\Tabs

And change the entry that points to babylon search, to the one you desire (be it google, bing, or whatever).