Thread: Mozilla firefox: Will bug 597564 be fixed?

Mozilla firefox: Will bug 597564 be fixed?

I am using the Mozilla firefox, i am very happy with this but still i would like to say that Tab overflow is one the reasons for that i hate firefox.. and also i have tried with the other Google Chrome and IE and there i get that they allow me to minimal tab width. but i am not getting here that why the Firefox tabs be restricted to a minimum of 100 pixels?? is here anyone have the suggestion about this?? if yes, then for this, please reply me back, and also reply me here back if anyone have the same problem with the firefiox.

Re: Mozilla firefox: Will bug 597564 be fixed?

hey dude, for doing that things i will suggest you to try with the using the addons/styles which can help you in this case, i am also using that. and i can say here that this seems to be easily implemented with an extension even userChrome.css. try with this and reply me back here if you get the problem with that.

for you case, i would like to say here that having the min-width 40-60 pixels wil be fine. and also for you information let me tell you here that this bug is not about removing the idea of overflow altogether. and also according to me this can be set wit CSS or TMP. i am suggesting you this all things because,i have also this type of the question and for resolving this i have searched in the so many of the other forums and there i get this type iof the suggestion. and also after that when i did that at that time i get that i am having much rather have tabs overflow bunch of tabs and also see that this is having with only a letter or two from the page title shown. and also here i am getting this type of the same behavior. try with this suggestion, i am sure that after this you will into get this problem.

friends, let me tell you here that i have a 24 inch wide panel montior, and when i try with the opening the tabs at that time i get that monitor have to get 7 tabs open before i even start to see a change in size for any of the tabs. now what you will say about this?? i am thinking here that this only becomes a priority if there are many tabs are opened used on tables.

hey i am getting that i am having 11 tabs open, and this i get before I even see an overflow and after this when i am trying to open the 12th at that time i get that subsequent tab openings. and also here i will suggest that if you are using the multiple monitors at that time you will get that yiou generally have additional Fx windows open once you get to 11 tabs on a single window. i have aslo tried with this things and there i get this.

Ok, if you are thinking that will this problem be ever fixed?? then for that i will suggest you that this willl never get fixed, i am very sure about this thing. and this is because they have removed the page title from the title bar in the default settings.

For makiig sure about this problem, i tried with the using the 10 tabs open from one site. at that time i can see that common for page titles to be formatted like this:

Site Name : Section : Page
    but due to the openning of the so many tabs i am getting this formate as:
    Page : Site Name
    and aslo after this all, i get that the idea is if you have multiple tabs open from a site with the "old" style page at that time in the title is automatically redacted so this:
    Site Name : Section : Page 1
    Site Name : Section : Page 2
    Site Name : Section : Page 3

Becomes this:

Page 1
    Page 2
    Page 3
    i have done with this, and for that reason only i am telling this to you.

but here, i have not seen any people using the more than 8 tabs at a time. i have also tried with that things but still there i get that i am not able to do that. what would you all say now??

hey all, if you all thinking for placing this responsibility to the webmasters than at that time i dont think that you can place the responsibility on webmasters for bad browser design. this is because the error 583890 comes at that time you get the messge as::"Bug 583890 - When the full page title is not shown remove redundant text in tabs" .
    and i am sure that you will get this problem with the so many of the pages because there are so many web pages which are having the auto-generated based titles... and also in that case the second point is that with a lot of tabs open even short titles will be obscured.

Hey all, thanks for telling me about this all things. after trying with this all suggestion still, i am getting the same problem with that. now, hope that Mozilla firefox will soon this bug 597564. thanks for suggesting me about this all.