Thread: in Firefox 8.0.1, VLC player plugin conflict with Windows Media Player

in Firefox 8.0.1, VLC player plugin conflict with Windows Media Player

Recently i have upgraded to the Firefox 8.0.1 and before this, i was using Firefox 6.02. after that upgrade i have seen that i am getting some problem with the Windows Media Player plugins. in this case, the problem is that, when i am trying with the playing the videos with the Windows Media Player at that time it stopped playing embedded videos in the Firefox browser. and if i try to disabled VLC player plugin in the Add-ons at that time i get that this is playing the videos very fine. but when i enable the VLC player plugin at that time again i get that Windows Media Player stopped playing the videos. why this is happening to me?? please reply me back about this.

Re: in Firefox 8.0.1, VLC player plugin conflict with Windows Media Player

Ok., if you are getting this problem then for that i will suggest to try to remove that VLC plugin from the Addons window and after that install the new VLC plugin and try again with playing the videos using the windows media player. hope that at that time you will not get this problem.

Yes, i also agree with the above suggestion, i was also having this type of the problem and for resolving this i tried with doing the above things and get my problem to be resolve. But now, i am getting some other problem with that, and the problem is that when i am trying with the watching the video at that time i get that I can watch one video at the time! so I have to live with it. still i am not getting that what to resolve this problem?? what can i do for this???

Hey...i tried with that and i get that now it windows media player is working very fine even i enable the plug ins for the VLC media player. thanks for suggesting me about this all things.

And also, i would like to say here that if you again get the problem with this then for resolving this you can also try with the disabling the plugins for the VLC media player. and if you need to use the VLC player plugin then at that time enable all plugins for that and use them. hope that this will help you to resolve the problem.