Thread: Want to disable the download list in Mozilla firefox

Want to disable the download list in Mozilla firefox

While using the Firefox 8.0 as a web browser, my job is totally based on the internet and have to download many files everyday so the downloading goes on for regular intervals, due to this download dialog box goes on coming in front of the screen which is really irritating. So do anyone know how can I disable the download list box .

Re: Want to disable the download list in Mozilla firefox

Even I want to do the same, the download list box which comes on again and again in front whenever I do download which I want to get rid of this. But don’t know from where it is done. So I would like to know that can someone show the procedure of disabling this.

If you want to disable the download list box then you could do this from the option and try unchecking on the option show the dialog box while downloading

If you want to disable the download list box then you could do this from the option and try unchecking on the option show the dialog box while downloading
    As the above procedure which you have showed may be correct but didn’t got exactly from where should I start from. So if you elaborate the steps it would be easy for understanding it.

I assume that you are just a newbie and don’t have much idea about this. So for disabling the download dialog box which seems to appear on the screen whenever you try download the files.

Here are some of the steps to follow:-

1. Open the firefox borwser by clicking on the icon from your desktop or from where it is placed.
    2. After opening the firefox browser, you will see the different menus right up on the menu bar.
    3. Now click on the “Tools” menu
    4. In “Tools” menu go to the “option” which you will find at the bottom of it.
    5. Click on the “option” menu.
    6. Now after clicking on it you will find the option down with the check box ticked with message “Show the downloads window when downloading the file ”.
    7. Now uncheck the box and click on the “ok” button
    Now whenever you will download any file there will be no download dialog box displaying.