Thread: Cache changes in Firefox aurora

Cache changes in Firefox aurora

Hello friends, the path of the cache in the C:/ is been changing and I am thinking that it is due to the Firefox aurora, when I am trying to into Browser.cache.disk.parent_directory which is there in the about:config file, so I am not able to locate the file over there. So can anyone help me with this and also I wanted to path of the director on to other location to read, save or write on the SSD. So please help me with this. Thank you.

Re: Cache changes in Firefox aurora

The problem might be some kind of the virus which is the caches are been changed and also you can do the setting for the cache and set it for yourself, for that you have to read the manual of the Firefox, in that it has been mentioned and also you will be able to give the path you wanted to have for the cache.

There is no settings available for it and also you have to create your own settings for it, the setting you can create. If you do not know how to do it then I can tell, you just have to follow the following steps and it will be done. The steps are:

• Open about:config
    • Right click anywhere on the page and select new and in the new select the string
    • When a dialog box opens then paste your "browser.cache.disk.parent_directory" and click on enter
    • In the second dialog box enter your desired path (which you wanted to keep) to the Drive and folder which you wanted and click ok
    • Close Firefox and Create an empty folder in the path desired on the drive and named it anything which you wish to give it.
    • Open Firefox and surf for some time and any new cached items should be found in the new folder.
    • If not something was mis-typed in the preference entry or new path which you created
    • After verifying success delete your old cache in your profile.

Just try it and it will worked and do it carefully.

The above user has told the method, so you have to do it and get the new path of the cache for the Firefox aurora and also don't delete the old path until and unless you do not get the cache in the new folder or the location which you have created.

The Firefox aurora never changes the path of the cache and also it might be due to the reason of the virus which is there in the system, you can try the above user method and also I suggest you to do a scanning of the system, sometimes the virus does it and you are not able to see and get the files which are trying to searching for it.

I was also having the problem which is same and I wanted to change the path from the C drive on to the D drive, I think the above user has given the best method and also it will worked for me. Even can I do this same for all the other browser which I am using on the system.

This settings is for the Firefox, if you are using some firefox browser then you will be able to do it. If you are using some of the other browser then you wil not able to get it, as the different browser have settings.