Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

How to disable the addon controls in new firefox 8

Technology & Internet

Old 28-11-2011

How to disable the addon controls in new firefox 8

As I love using the Mozilla Firefox as a web browser but what I want to know that is it possible to disable to the add-on controls in the new Firefox 8 as it prompts up the message regarding the new add-on to download which I want to disable it. So do anyone have the idea regarding how can I disable the add-on for the Firefox 8.

Old 28-11-2011

re: How to disable the addon controls in new firefox 8

I also want to disable the add-on in my office. As recently we have downloaded the new Firefox 8 web browser for the office staff PC but now I want to disable the add-on so that they donít go on clicking on the add-on as they donít have much knowledge about it. And also donít want to change the current setting of the browser. So do anyone have the idea regarding this???
Old 28-11-2011

Quote:
As I love using the Mozilla Firefox as a web browser but what I want to know that is it possible to disable to the add-on controls in the new Firefox 8 as it prompts up the message regarding the new add-on to download which I want to disable it. So do anyone have the idea regarding how can I disable the add-on for the Firefox 8.
See if you are having problem with the add on and want to disable it then I would say that you should try setting true to the extensions.shownSelectionUI. doing this will disable the add-on wizard in the firefox 8.
Old 28-11-2011

As you are looking for disabling the add-on controls in your office, then you must try doing the following which I tried doing in my office and was actually working with it.

user_pref("extensions.shownSelectionUI", true);

user_pref("extensions.autoDisableScopes", 11);

so I suggest you to try doing this in office for disabling the add-ons for the Firefox 8
Old 28-11-2011

I want to know for what extensions.autoDisableScopes is used for as I have never came with such kinda thing and if anyone know about this than do share with me. As it would be an additional knowledge for me.
Old 01-12-2011

Re: How to disable the addon controls in new firefox 8

According to me the extensions.autoDisableScopes is used to disable the directory, means add-on cannot automatically get installed to this directory and this will protect the addon from installing autonmatically.so I hope you got the idea about for what purpose ďextensions.autoDisableScopesĒ is used for.

TechArena Community > Technology > Technology & Internet
Tags: , , , ,