Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Avast prompt me to install adobe flash player though it is installed

Technology & Internet

Old 27-11-2011

Avast prompt me to install adobe flash player though it is installed

HI, i have installed this Avast last build in my machine running windows 7 but donít know what could be the problem as after some random time it just prompt me to install flash player, but i am not getting why. As you can see the title i have already installed the software in the laptop so what could be the problem over here? Any suggestion for this would be appreciated.

Old 27-11-2011

Re: Avast prompt me to install adobe flash player though it is installed

well, let me aware you about this fact as there are two installs of Adobe Flash Player. One is for Internet Explorer and which is actually the one that Avast requires and the other is the plug-in for Firefox, Opera and other browser uses.

So generally it is not always require to install that flash player for the internet explorer, because if we are using another browser so obviously that plug in will be already installed for sure, as you have also mentioned the same thing. But as you have installed that antivirus system so it might be possible as you must have to install that software.

But still are you getting any problem while playing YouTube videos? Because see if you are not getting any problems with the same then simply you should not worry about the same and i would like to suggest you that simply ignore the prompt.
Old 27-11-2011

Though i am agree with the above user but still i have also gotten the same problem with the machine and i became aware as It is due to chrome necessitating the nonIE flash player. See If you do not have Firefox or Chrome installed then safe zone flash will not work anyway whatever you do with that. I found this throughout the first safe zone beta, and it was merely after I installed the nonIE version that flash worked for me, thus would like to recommend you that same thing.
Old 27-11-2011

Quote:
Though i am agree with the above user but still i have also gotten the same problem with the machine and i became aware as It is due to chrome necessitating the nonIE flash player. See If you do not have Firefox or Chrome installed then safe zone flash will not work anyway whatever you do with that. I found this throughout the first safe zone beta, and it was merely after I installed the nonIE version that flash worked for me, thus would like to recommend you that same thing.
Well i have installed windows 7 in the machine but still in never used this IE instead there are so many other browser for the same? so is it really necessary to install it? i mean the version internet explorer without having it
Old 30-11-2011

Quote:
Well i have installed windows 7 in the machine but still in never used this IE instead there are so many other browser for the same? so is it really necessary to install it? i mean the version internet explorer without having it.
I would say this is completely depending on you, as if you are using another browser and if you are not getting any such problem with the YouTube or any other video them obviously you donít have to install any such player again in the machine. you can simply make use of another browser for the same. and apart from this there must be some option in the avast settings as well to disable this prompt that you are getting.

TechArena Community > Technology > Technology & Internet
Tags: , , , , , ,